What's new

Your favorite Affordable Drums ?

I use Superior Drummer. Two of the rooms they recorded in don't exist anymore, and the drums just sound wonderful. I have the Metal expansion as well, and it keeps everything in one user interface.

+1 for Analogue Drums. I own almost all their kits, because each one has a specific, unique sound. At least once a year, they run a BOGO sale. Some kits give you your choice of kick drums, snares, cymbals, etc. My only wish is that some of the individual drums were more deeply sampled, and the samples spread out over the keyboard, such as right hand and left hand strikes for the snares and toms.

Depends on your definition of "affordable", of course. I haven't seen anyone mention Analogue Drums yet.

https://www.analoguedrums.com/

Their kits are mostly $19 and $29 US -- less when bought in bundles. I think they sound really good. Their main drawback is the absence of an elaborate interface like Superior, EZDrummer or Addictive Drums.

+1

I use Blacksmith and Fat Sticks all the time.

I use bfd 3, it has a great sound! I can recommend it! If u wait for a sale which fxpansion does frequently u can get it pretty cheap! Hope that helps

I suppose "affordable" is relative, but I've used almost every drum library on the market and Superior 2 has been my mainstay. Recently, I purchased Premier Drum Tree and is pretty incredible! The Jazz kits are pretty serious (although their are no brush samples).

The only reason I finally bought SD2 was because I needed to get an album done and had no time to go and record a real kit. That's obviously the thing to do but man, after using SD2 for a few weeks, it became this dirty joyous thing where I was constantly thinking "Is this ok to do this?" Haha!

I'm really intrigued by Spitfire's The Grange and HZ02. I haven't bought them yet but I do love Spitfire stuff so I always think about them. I really think you can never have enough choice when it comes to drums and if buy smart, there are always sales on. In fact, I can't remember the last time my inbox wasn't flooded almost daily of Sample Library offers. It's fantastic. Unless of course you consider being a member of Samples Anonymous being a problem.

I suppose "affordable" is relative, but I've used almost every drum library on the market and Superior 2 has been my mainstay. Recently, I purchased Premier Drum Tree and is pretty incredible! The Jazz kits are pretty serious (although their are no brush samples).
So is it better than bfd3? What do u like more about it?

So is it better than bfd3? What do u like more about it?
You can download the demo from their site and find out. I think it sounds really good but they are a little too over processed imo and don't take further processing well at all (specifically the snares), therefore you're kinda limited to what the presets give you. Out of all the snares available I only found two that are usable and not drowning in compression and tape.

To give credits though, their jazz kits are hardcore to the bone and sound amazingly convincing in a mix.

Addictive Drums

* Great range of kits that can easily be switched individually and on the fly (new drum sounds load in an instant)
* Great presets with compression, etc. Easy to tweak the mix on your own
* A huge library of MIDI grooves and fills that you can use to audition drum sounds in the plugin but also drag-and-drop from the plugin window straight into your DAW! You can even replace/isolate drum hits in the plugin's own search tool (for example if you just want a hihat groove you can isolate hihat parts from all the grooves in the entire MIDI library)
* You can buy expansions with e.g. metal kits and then you get metal MIDI grooves/fills as well

50% off until Nov 28: https://www.xlnaudio.com/

Top Bottom