What's new

Your Black Friday (November) Purchases 2022

I had a $1,400 vehicle repair bill just before BF week and the two front tires need replacements before Christmas. I got nothing.
I feel your pain. Mine was a $800 one a few weeks ago. Don't mean to be a bad influence but maybe get yourself a library or 2 anyway to put the middle finger to that situation like I did. Majestic Horn at Orchestral Tools is $2 for example :whistling:

@Trash Panda - and I think he sold more copies of Spectre than their regular advertising ;)
Yeah I would have never looked at either Spectre or Kclip3 without his endorsement and both are amazing. Spectre has such amazing fine grained band control for adding warmth and Kclip3 is very easy to use for clipping work.

With respect to Kclip3, it's nice to see the portion of the transient you're clipping in real time while you listen for the difference in the sound. It also helps you push the gain correctly into the clipper.

After saying I wouldn't get another EVO library because I still need to learn OACE, I ended up buying the Ton from spitfire for the Fragile String Evolutions library. The traditional evolutions for Fragile Strings are way more subtle than OACE so the flavor is definitely unique.

SStB also can sound really good with the right amount of reverb. I may or may not find a use for the sparkling woodwinds but it's really just a bonus on top of the other 2 libraries.

After saying I wouldn't get another EVO library because I still need to learn OACE, I ended up buying the Ton from spitfire for the Fragile String Evolutions library. The traditional evolutions for Fragile Strings are way more subtle than OACE so the flavor is definitely unique.
There is nothing to learn about OACE. Just put your fingers on the keys and wallow in the sound. Damn, maybe I should start a course. ;)

Absolutely. That's what we buy those libraries for. I mean, it doesn't make sense to spend one's precious time just on watching walk-through videos, comparing deals, downloading libraries, updating spreadsheets of wish lists, shuffling files from one hard disk to another and then NOT using those libraries, right?!? :shocked:
Woah! I knew something was missing 😀

Native Instruments Picked Nylon and Electric Mint - they sound so real!
The Null of course, for when I write my next blockbuster score
The $10 no brainer from Embertone - now I understand what everyone was talking about and why it is a no brainer

Scarlet Jerry

There is nothing to learn about OACE. Just put your fingers on the keys and wallow in the sound. Damn, maybe I should start a course. ;)
I agree. I think it's writing pieces around it and using the library to the fullest that i've not achieved so far. But you for sure can just sit down and start playing the most basic block chord progressions with minimal voice leading on the waves and it sounds gorgeous.

I'm seeing if I could squeeze one of those in. Which one would you say is the best bang for your buck in terms of usefulness across the board? Eventually I want all 3 but I can only get 1 for now. Which one would you pick?
The author recommends taking at least the other of the previous ones before taking vol. 3, so pick either of those. If I recall right, the first volume is a bit more traditional side and the second one is more cinematic. Both cover a wide range of different emotions and vibes.

Massive is an incredible synth. Great texturally and for really powerful sounds. I hope you have a productive and enjoyable time with all of these new tools!
Ha ha! Modern and Massive is the name of the drum set that I got from Get Good Drums. (Though I misquoted it as Big and Massive)

But yes, I already have both Massive and Massive X. I’ve been learning Massive X and I think it’s awesome, tons of potential. Though it doesn’t get too much love around here.

Ha ha! Modern and Massive is the name of the drum set that I got from Get Good Drums. (Though I misquoted it as Big and Massive)

But yes, I already have both Massive and Massive X. I’ve been learning Massive X and I think it’s awesome, tons of potential. Though it doesn’t get too much love around here.
Massive X makes terrific sounds. There are a few workflow issues - especially preset browsing, organising and loading - that really hold it back for some people. I really like it. I don't do a lot of sound design in it, but it is a lot of fun when I do; and I use tweaked presets quite a lot.

I prefer Massive for certain textures, but they are both excellent in my view.

Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms Pro
Teletone Audio Tympo
Cherry Audio GX1
Modalics Beat Scholar
Zebra Legacy (free)
Tone Projects Basslane Pro

Top Bottom