What's new

You will love this reverb

novaburst

Hi all

You perhaps have seen this in the Audio Plugin deals and thought just another reverb, my thought is dont be fooled this reverb is a steal

Only thing is you will hate the install process, but once installed you will get a no gimic reverb

yes I got it, it's very nice... lots of IRs, many very good. Too bad they have no descriptive name, only generic like "large hall" etc. but they are really many, more than a thousand. The positioning panel is great too. Also, it has some undocumented features, like the ability to load 4 channel IRs as true stereo, solo eq bands...

Wondering how does it compare with other IR reverbs like LiquidSonic? I got many reverbs and am wondering if I need this, thanks.

I think the price is encouraging even for a try,
But found it to be a great reverb, the positioning is well done.

Haven't got any liquid sonic software but I think if you have positioning your coverd unless you are after another sound or feel.

I'm not so sure. I downloaded the demo of it to check it out. What I liked was you can place an instrument and move it around the room and it does move. Something like that Eventide stereo room reverb which I really want. Then I put a Nimbus and R4 on and compared it, and I suddenly liked it a lot less. I'm not a reverb expert though.

I would like to get my hands on the Eventide stereo room reverb and compare it to this one. I'm just waiting and waiting for a sale on that one. I will say this redverb thing does move the instrument around very well. You can place it forward, back, left right and so forth.

But the good news is, anyone can download and demo it before buying. I'd say do that first. I really can't say how good this is, because I don't know jack about reverbs, but I much prefered my Nimbus and R4 in terms of sound.

Just bought it on a whim because I'm in the middle of experimenting with several convolution reverbs in relation to Brass. Initial impressions are quite mixed: the sound is good but there are several issues that boggle my mind.

- there does not seem to be a way to save presets. Neither in the plugin itself nor in the DAW (Logic for me)

- the help system tags seems to be incomplete, insofar that several entries are explained the same way when they clearly have different functionality.

- there is no display as to the length of the tail. You have options to adjust the IR, but without proper metering you're left wondering if you're hearing the right thing after a while.

- While you can lock certain parameters to retain their value when you browse for presets, inexplicably, this is not true for the Dry/Wet. :confused:

I do quite like how this sounds. It has a transparent presence, which I'm not used to from Convolution Reverbs; usually at 100% Wet, they tend to color the sound significantly, making all sorts of additional processing necessary. RedVerb2 does this to a far lesser degree.

It would be great if the developer decided to address at least the presets issue and the locking of the Dry/Wet parameter. I will continue to experiment with it but not being able to save a preset is definitely a deal breaker. I'd rather pay more for full functionality.

Edit: Logic does seem to save the preset after all, it just does not show up immediately in the menu. One has to go to the Finder to search for it. Aggravating, but at least not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Just bought it on a whim because I'm in the middle of experimenting with several convolution reverbs in relation to Brass. Initial impressions are quite mixed: the sound is good but there are several issues that boggle my mind.

- there does not seem to be a way to save presets. Neither in the plugin itself nor in the DAW (Logic for me)

- the help system tags seems to be incomplete, insofar that several entries are explained the same way when they clearly have different functionality.

- there is no display as to the length of the tail. You have options to adjust the IR, but without proper metering you're left wondering if you're hearing the right thing after a while.

- While you can lock certain parameters to retain their value when you browse for presets, inexplicably, this is not true for the Dry/Wet. :confused:

I do quite like how this sounds. It has a transparent presence, which I'm not used to from Convolution Reverbs; usually at 100% Wet, they tend to color the sound significantly, making all sorts of additional processing necessary. RedVerb2 does this to a far lesser degree.

It would be great if the developer decided to address at least the presets issue and the locking of the Dry/Wet parameter. I will continue to experiment with it but not being able to save a preset is definitely a deal breaker. I'd rather pay more for full functionality.

Edit: Logic does seem to save the preset after all, it just does not show up immediately in the menu. One has to go to the Finder to search for it. Aggravating, but at least not a deal breaker.
How do you compare it with other convolution reverbs like Space II, Seventh Heaven, Altiverb, etc.? Do you think it will add something different and flavor? Or it is totally redundant? Thanks.

How do you compare it with other convolution reverbs like Space II, Seventh Heaven, Altiverb, etc.? Do you think it will add something different and flavor? Or it is totally redundant? Thanks.
I'd say it’s different enough to own for the price. It’s slightly more versatile than Spaces II but not as complex as Reverberate 2. Can’t really compare it to 7th Heaven since that one is based on an algorithmic reverb HW box. It's closer to something like Logic's Space Designer or Waves IR-1 (more flexibility). And I don't own Altiverb, so can't comment on that.

But again, as a whole it's more transparent than what I'm used to from all of the above and I quite like the included IRs.

You guys really got me struggling now. Have the Demo and lots to learn. Positive so far.

Have expiring codes for bx_console Focusrite SC at comparable price. It's one or the other .....
Will definitely use both over long term. Hard to judge how much of each ..... :whistling:

Last edited:

If you set the view to Ortho you can see the length of the tail adjust as you turn the dial. Or is that not what you mean?

Any experience yet on how CPU heavy this is?
(Compared to the other usual suspects, especially Spaces 1 and Seventh Heaven)
Couldn't find much info on their website regarding specs...

Top Bottom