What's new

Xfer OTT updated with new (resizeable) UI and some bug fixes

vitocorleone123

ott-702x336.jpg

I’m not home so I can’t check it but is it vst3 and Apple Silicon native?

I’m not home so I can’t check it but is it vst3 and Apple Silicon native?
OTT (VST AU AAX) for Mac OS X
1.34 fixes VST3-specific recall/settings issue in some DAWs

1.33 VST3 version, new UI

1.31 ARM native support - MIDI Keynames no longer interfere in Bitwig

1.25 fix for AudioUnit potential crash in some situations (e.g. replacing plugin with itself).

1.21b: fix for ProTools 10 OS X GUI not displaying properly.

1.21: songs saved in Logic will now reload properly.

OTT (VST AU AAX) for Mac OS X
1.34 fixes VST3-specific recall/settings issue in some DAWs

1.33 VST3 version, new UI

1.31 ARM native support - MIDI Keynames no longer interfere in Bitwig

1.25 fix for AudioUnit potential crash in some situations (e.g. replacing plugin with itself).

1.21b: fix for ProTools 10 OS X GUI not displaying properly.

1.21: songs saved in Logic will now reload properly.

Great!! I don’t know if I’ll even use it since MO-TT is pretty much a superior version but I do think this is a good sign for things to come, Serum specifically as that needs a vst3 version with AS support

Great!! I don’t know if I’ll even use it since MO-TT is pretty much a superior version but I do think this is a good sign for things to come, Serum specifically as that needs a vst3 version with AS support
Even a superior OTT isn’t worth $149 vs the free one. But if you already subscribe for other stuff…….

I was hoping that a VST3 version would resolve the years-old problem of Cubase on Win10 crashing whenever exiting the program if the project used even a single instance of OTT. Sadly, no improvement.

Heads up. At least on Catalina the installer wouldn't overwrite an older version. Moving the old version out of the plugins folder solved the issue for me... The new UI is really nice. The big in your face GUI kind of feels like shots fired back at Slate :P

I was hoping that a VST3 version would resolve the years-old problem of Cubase on Win10 crashing whenever exiting the program if the project used even a single instance of OTT. Sadly, no improvement.
Oh, man was OTT the culprit! I've been trying to find the cause of that for 2 years.

Does the new version of OTT sound exactly the same as the old version? I have a couple signal chains that might fall apart if it sounds the slightes bit different.

Does the new version of OTT sound exactly the same as the old version? I have a couple signal chains that might fall apart if it sounds the slightes bit different.

Haven’t checked but I believe it’s the exact same, just an updated look and support for Apple Silicon

Just a lame joke on my part... You can't mention OTT in some circles without also mentioning the "Sausage Fattener" by Dada Life (a.k.a. "sosig"). They go hand in hand, like PB&J, or bangers & mash. I suppose OTT does "mash" things, so the metaphor seems to hold.
for a second I had my hopes up and was like "I'm selling my Sonsig right now!!!!"

but I realized I think I'd heard this meme before, indeed

I went ahead, downloaded and demo'd OTT. Oy! It's like the difference between Coors Light and Appalachian moonshine. I begged it to be gentle with me but, sadly, it refused. I then realized Cubase 12 has it's own upwards/downwards compressor called Squasher which I also demo'd. Like OTT, it could be brutal, but it could also be gentle, though not as gentle as I like it. I ended up just using C 12's multiband compressor instead.

Top Bottom