What's new

Would love to see 8DIO fully embrace Kontakt.

nolotrippen

Would love to see 8DIO fully embrace Kontakt so that its libraries would appear under the Kontakt Library grid. I'd pay extra for that. Heck, I have numerous freebies that can be added to the Library via Native Access. Makes life so much easier.

They created their own Soundpaint to avoid that so it didn't happen before it surely won't happen now I think. Their products were sold at way higher prices when they didn't have Soundpaint with not so high discounts and they always avoided paying Native Instruments the fees needed for that. Soundpaint was obviously created to move away from Kontakt thru time.

Would love to see 8DIO fully embrace Kontakt so that its libraries would appear under the Kontakt Library grid. I'd pay extra for that. Heck, I have numerous freebies that can be added to the Library via Native Access. Makes life so much easier.
If it's REALLY that important to you, there are ways to do it yourself. Just check YouTube. But why not use the Quick load function or the new library page?

If it's REALLY that important to you, there are ways to do it yourself. Just check YouTube. But why not use the Quick load function or the new library page?
Those are workarounds and I know about them so that really has nothing to do with my OP.

Those are workarounds and I know about them so that really has nothing to do with my OP.
Well, since 8Dio is never going to be Kontakt Player ready and will always require full Kontakt, the chances of you getting your wish are pretty slim.

They created their own Soundpaint to avoid that so it didn't happen before it surely won't happen now I think. Their products were sold at way higher prices when they didn't have Soundpaint with not so high discounts and they always avoided paying Native Instruments the fees needed for that. Soundpaint was obviously created to move away from Kontakt thru time.
Thanks, just noticed your comment. You are likely correct. Thanks for your input.

I didn't mention Kontakt Player. Yeesh. I'm done.
1. By Kontakt Library Grid, do you not mean the left hand browser? If so, a library has to be Kontakt Player compatible in order to go into the browser, and that's not going to happen.

2. If by Kontakt Library Grid, you mean the new Kontakt 7 instrument grid that appears at the front of the player, ALL libraries are compatible with that grid. That's what it's there for.

So what, exactly, is it you expect 8Dio to do that's any different from what they're already doing?

I didn't mention Kontakt Player. Yeesh. I'm done.
Anything that shows up under the Library view in Kontakt is in fact registered through NI for player usage. So Kontakt Player compatibility sounds like what you're looking for, since there's no other way to have a lib show up in the library grid. I also dislike that 8Dio hasn't done this, but they'd have to pay NI in order to make a library Player-compatible. Does this help?

Anything that shows up under the Library view in Kontakt is in fact registered through NI for player usage. So Kontakt Player compatibility sounds like what you're looking for, since there's no other way to have a lib show up in the library grid. I also dislike that 8Dio hasn't done this, but they'd have to pay NI in order to make a library Player-compatible. Does this help?
I like it over registering in Native Asshat and then it does it's auto update then breaks I think Kontakt is a better alternative to Kontakt player in this regard. If one is going to use Kontakt libraries Kontakt should be part of it instead of relying on the player.

I like it over registering in Native Asshat and then it does it's auto update then breaks I think Kontakt is a better alternative to Kontakt player in this regard. If one is going to use Kontakt libraries Kontakt should be part of it instead of relying on the player.
Interesting take...I feel like my time is better spent playing the instrument than searching for it personally, but maybe there's a tradeoff somewhere. And I'm not sure if you're on Mac or if you've done something in your preferences, but none of my libs auto-update. I get notified that updates are available, but I get to choose whether or not to install it.

Well....someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I remember Troels about 4 years ago saying that 8Dio would absolutely NEVER go Kontakt Player. It's really something how so many go against their own principals when the money stops flowing.

Here is what I think is happening. As I've stated before, the flash sale rock bleeding can only work for so long. 8Dio libraries have been devalued into Halloween candy corn, so that rock is pretty much dry now.

But I have to give Troels credit where credit is due. When the rock ran dry, he finds another rock.
Going NKS with a sale on Native Instruments brings in new exposure to people who may not have known about 8Dio. 90% off at NI looks really good.

However....just as the rocks run dry....eventually there will be no more new rocks either.

Well....someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I remember Troels about 4 years ago saying that 8Dio would absolutely NEVER go Kontakt Player. It's really something how so many go against their own principals when the money stops flowing.

Here is what I think is happening. As I've stated before, the flash sale rock bleeding can only work for so long. 8Dio libraries have been devalued into Halloween candy corn, so that rock is pretty much dry now.

But I have to give Troels credit where credit is due. When the rock ran dry, he finds another rock.
Going NKS with a sale on Native Instruments brings in new exposure to people who may not have known about 8Dio. 90% off at NI looks really good.

However....just as the rocks run dry....eventually there will be no more new rocks either.
Well, as someone who only owned Intimate Studio series from 8dio, this is still a lot of content for just 199. I mean, there should be some usable stuff in there for the price, no?

Top Bottom