What's new

Workflow Questions in Reaper

Daniel Petras

I'm trying to speed up my workflow in Reaper. I'm looking to do 2 things:

1. How can I go about creating a macro in Reaper to open a specific FX chain on a selected track? In this case I just want to be able to have a shortcut to quickly open up an EQ when I need it.

2. Yesterday, I had many tracks that all had the same envelopes on them, however I had to copy and paste from one track to the next which took too long. I'm wondering if there is a way to copy plugin specific parameter envelopes and paste them quickly to all other selected tracks? I know that you can take Reaper parameters like volume and pan and copy them from a VCA master to the VCA slaves, however I'm not sure if you can do the same with something like the phase modulation from Massive.

Not sure about number 1 but I think number 2 can be solved using automation items (I don't really know anything about them) - check out the reaper forum for more info.

For point 2 the best way I've found so far is to use SWS/BR: Copy selected points in selected envelopes to all visible envelopes in selected tracks. I'm still looking to find if there is a way to open multiple envelopes on multiple tracks in one click(other than vol or pan), but haven't found anything.

A custom action combining the following might help for 2.

Track: next envelope
Envelope:select all points
Edit: copy
Edit: paste

And keep repeating to the action within the custom action for the amount of envelopes or keep clicking the custom action. Then change the track selection and perhaps The the custom action of:

Or combine the following with the original custom action:

Track: go to next track

Hope this helps! :)

Edit: added a missing action to the list.

A custom action combining the following might help for 2.

Envelope:select all points

And keep repeating to the action within the custom action for the amount of envelopes or keep clicking the custom action. Then change the track selection and perhaps The the custom action of:

Or combine the following with the original custom action:

Track: go to next track

Hope this helps! :)
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Top Bottom