What's new

Woman's 100 year old composition gives Hans Zimmer a run for his money!

Kroatian? So you are referring to Dora Pejacevic do you? Which is certainly very interesting but I am looking for the scores of lily boulangers. Or is there a chance to get those at the croatian music center?
Oops...I should read more carefully. I thought you were asking about a Pejacevic score. I don't know about Lili Boulanger scores, sorry.

https://quercus.mic.hr/quercus/work?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bname_contains%5D=&search%5Bauthor_last_name_contains%5D=peja%C4%8Devi%C4%87&search%5Byear_gte%5D=&search%5Byear_lte%5D=&search%5Bcatalogue_type_id_equals%5D=&search%5Bwork_type_id_equals%5D=&search%5Bsetting_name_contains%5D=&commit=Tra%C5%BEi (According to the MIC.hr filter), there are two published orchestal scores.

You can get some of her scores here, including Symphony in F# Minor ($10-$100 shipping based on location, service, order value):

(broken link removed)

As for others, your best bet is contacting MIC.hr directly.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where you can get the score of these? I mean the orchestral score not the piano-flute version which is on imslp.

You might want to get in touch with Thomas Goss who is an orchestrator and has a YouTube channel where he dissected Boulanger’s compsiitonal style with score examples. He might know where to buy the scores.

Pejačević : Zwei Schmetterlingslieder, Op. 52 (1920)

Op. 52 No. 1
Gold'ne Sterne, blaue Glöckchen

Op. 52 No. 2
Schwebe du Schmetterling, schwebe vorbei

Sorry for the click-bait :sleep:, but everyone complains there are no woman composers and I wanted to share the amazing orchestral works of Dora Pejačević in case you haven't heard of her (and maybe you'll enjoy these links!). She composed these pieces just about 100 years ago (although they have strong elements of later golden era film style compositions). Undoubtedly had these pieces been composed by Korgold or some other famous male composer, they'd have been a lot more popular. You can hear influences from Rachmaninoff and others of the period as well as the influences these styles had on later film music composers of the golden era. Regardless, I really envy her composing craft skills. Too bad she died so young as we don't get a chance to hear what else she might have contributed. But maybe her work can be an inspiration for others today?

Sounds too MIDI. :rofl:

You might want to get in touch with Thomas Goss who is an orchestrator and has a YouTube channel where he dissected Boulanger’s compsiitonal style with score examples. He might know where to buy the scores.

Thanks for the tip. Yes I have watched the video and fell in love with the piece.

Very enjoyably music and solid arrangement/recordings. I hear a lot of Hollywood/Scriabin/Gerswhin in it. :)

Dora Pejačević : Piano Concerto, op. 33
Sigrid Trummer, piano

51IgaK4zzKL.jpg

Dora Pejačević : Piano Concerto, op. 33
Tomohiro Adachi, piano

4116090454.jpg

amazon.co.jp
https://www.discsjapan.com/en/product/Dora-Pejacevic-Overture-Piano-Concerto-Fantasy-Concertante.html?Page=797&catalog=8&idx=3386 (discsjapan.com)

Dora Pejačević (1885-1923)
Blumenleben - acht Klavierstücke nach der Blütenzeit im Jahresablauf komponiert, Op. 19 (1904 -1905)
No.6 Rote Nelken
Tomohiro Adachi, piano

Last edited:
Top Bottom