What's new

Wide Blue Sound Announces New Flagship Synth: ELYSIUM

Thanks for the walkthrough; it really solidifies how powerful this VI is. I take it as a good sign when the developer sounds like they're having fun while playing with the tool!

I really love the modular nature - being able to generate or lock FX separate from sounds separate from sequencers etc. Feels like there are a lot of possibilities with this instrument.

Just watched the walk though. What a fantastic instrument! If I could run Kontakt 6 I would have purchased this immediately. Unfortunately I'm still on and old 2008 Mac Pro that can't run any os past El Capitan, so Im stuck in Kontakt 5 land until I upgrade my computer, which will happen soon I think, but that's for a different thread.

While I see a very positive response to Elysium, I'm surprised it's not bigger. I think it's the best release of any type of instrument in a long time and worthy of 100's of posts and even more purchases. The sounds are vast and unique. The flexibility combined with the killer UI is stellar! The preset shapes for the mod sequencer is the best I've ever seen by far. So flexible, so fast. I'm envious and frustrated I can't run it. I want this today! Sadly I will have to wait until I get a new system sorted out.

Anyone who thinks the pricing is too high are way off. Well worth $200 IMO

Congratulations Wide Blue Sound and good luck. I'll be back to get this in due time.

Last edited:
Agreed - this has just shot to the top of the pile for me. Since I own Sonuscore's TOC 2, I've been eyeing the Elysion crossgrade for months, but at the same price, the sound of Elysium (have to make sure not to confuse the two!) is really amazing, and the features and interface look outstanding.

Wish I knew whether there might be a Black Friday deal on this. While it is totally worth the asking price, I got burned by a photo software company emailing me every day this time last year to "not miss out on your 30% launch special upgrade discount", only to have them do a 50% off sale four days after I broke down and bought it. It leaves a bad taste. If there isn't a Black Friday deal coming (or if it will be the same as the launch deal), I'll pick this up sooner...

I made it up to 10 minutes of the walkthrough video before going through my Black Friday list to see what gets crossed off. I'm going to try to make it until noon today but I've already talked myself into it. This sounds fantastic and has a lot of potential for inspiration.

Hey everyone! I'm so happy to hear that the walkthrough is doing what it's supposed to — making transparent just how inspiring Elysium can be.

If anyone has other questions let me know.

Picked this up yesterday. Really having some fun finding my way around. Very smart design and the possibilities are pretty inspiring. I have to keep re-watching the walkthrough as there is quite a bit packed under the hood. Nice work Nathan!! Very impressive!

Last edited:
Wow ....at 129 this is No Brainer ...BOUGHT 👍🏻...(but yeah didn't early adopters pay 50 more only a few days ago 😳 ?) EEK

Wow ....at 129 this is No Brainer ...BOUGHT 👍🏻...(but yeah didn't early adopters pay 50 more only a few days ago 😳 ?) EEK

Yep, $179 on release day 10/23

And according to their facebook page: " we painstakingly built it from scratch over 17 months, so we can’t really do crossgrade/loyalty pricing for this. "

I was about to purchase at the intro price after reading about other developers not doing BF sales below intro pricing. Can't say I'm upset that I held out, but how they handle existing customers will be interesting to see. This is a sale-price-driven market - everybody knows not to buy anything at full price unless you have a client footing the bill - and with so many developers fighting for our money at this time of year, this might have been inevitable.

Could they have maybe gotten away with a smaller discount, like $149? That's how I originally interpreted the "$50 off" message, before seeing it was $50 off the intro price, and I would have bought immediately at $149, too.

Something tells me they might have been better off giving a bigger discount from release through BF, maybe $159 or $169, then going to full price. Releasing anywhere near BF is always going to be a minefield.

Something tells me they might have been better off giving a bigger discount from release through BF, maybe $159 or $169, then going to full price. Releasing anywhere near BF is always going to be a minefield.

Or maybe keep the $179 for Elysium through BF and put a heftier discount on Orbit / Eclipse. Introduce more people to the older VIs to get them excited for the new one.

Hey everyone 👋

I'd love to share some good news to get things back into positivity-land.

Anyone who has ever talked to us knows that we go above and beyond to make everyone happy, even if it doesn't always make sense financially. While we planned to privately email all Elysium customers with a special BF offer, we should have done it before announcing the main BF offer. So I'd love to clarify that here personally before that email goes out:

We are giving all Elysium owners a 15% off coupon on another WBS purchase that stacks on the 35% Black Friday deal. This adds up to significant savings.

However to make sure 100% of people are happy, if that isn't enough then email us and we will alternatively refund you the difference between your purchase price and the BF price. That way you got the synth early and get the BF price. Hopefully that feels like the best case scenario for any customer of any company.

In fact we've already gladly been doing this. So just talk to us — we listen :)

On a more personal note, please understand that there are some people who think our BF sale is too much, too little, too early or too late. We are doing the best we can and luckily you're in good hands, because we will make sure you're happy.

Thanks for understanding!

Regards
Nathan

Last edited:
However to make sure 100% of people are happy, if that isn't enough then email us and we will alternatively refund you the difference between your purchase price and the BF price. That way you got the synth early and get the BF price. Hopefully that feels like the best case scenario for any customer of any company.

In fact we've already gladly been doing this.

That sounds very fair. Glad you could clear things up!

Top Bottom