What's new

Why I Love Reaper

Hold your horses there man, once activated you don't have to be online again. You can even activate offline!

It does not check *ever* if you're online once you're activated, Presonus doesn't do that.

But man, seriously, you need to get your reality checked. In 10 years from now, it will not get more offline.
No, it's the fascist oppressors who need to get their reality checked. History will not be on their side.

No, fuck all of that., I don't care what games capitalist lawyers play with EULAs. They're garbage. When I by a piece of software it's mine.

You're buying a license, agreeing to it and that's what it is. You complying to it or not is irrelevant.

I've seen so many posts from you about all sorts of crap concerning offline activations such as Native Access and it's getting very tiresome.

You agree to the license of the products you buy, if you don't agree, ask for a refund!

No, it's the fascist oppressors who need to get their reality checked. History will not be on their side.

this will no doubt become a tangent, but I'm curious about the end game with this logic. If I buy your music, do I have free right to use the song, and components of your song any way I choose? Can I take your melody and use it in my own work?

Reactions: EgM
You agree to the license of the products you buy, if you don't agree, ask for a refund!
You can't get refunds for most sample libraries, unfortunately. Life would be so much better if you could. I can't tell you how many times I've felt like I'd been burned.

You're buying a license, agreeing to it and that's what it is. You complying to it or not is irrelevant.

I've seen so many posts from you about all sorts of crap concerning offline activations such as Native Access and it's getting very tiresome.

We're all tired of something. You're tired of my (and others) complaints about a profound oppression and injustice. I'm tired of the injustice, and will stop complaining when the injustice has been rectified.

Last edited:
You can't get refunds for most sample libraries, unfortunately. Life would be so much better if you could. I can't tell you how many times I've felt like I'd been burned.

True, but there are countless review videos out there and reaching out to developers ain't hard.

Doesn't invalidate license agreements though.

Now sample library developers are fascists, cute.
I don't think they have fascist intentions, and they're probably mostly very nice people. But we tend to become enured to the culture in which we're ensconced. Just look at history, and try to find a time when the mainstream culture didn't accept as a matter of course routine practices which we now find abhorrent. This era is no exception...

I don't think they have fascist intentions, and they're probably mostly very nice people. But we tend to become enured to the culture in which we're ensconced. Just look at history, and try to find a time when the mainstream culture didn't accept as a matter of routine practices which we now find abhorrent. This era is no exception...

license agreements are tyranny?

True, but there are countless review videos out there
Watching videos is not quite the same as actually using the library. Unfortunately it's usually the best we can hope for.

very harsh reality when a voluntary agreement is called fascism and tyranny let alone compared to it.

history must've woke up on the wrong side if someone is comparing not liking the EULA of software to the actual oppression of fascist tyrants of the 20th century

My profile picture is Shostakovich. Who survived the brutal rule of Stalin - if that offers some perspective. Mahler luckily died young enough to not have to suffer Nazi Germany - but his music, along with any music from Jewish composers, was banned before WWII even started. This might have a little to do with why your perspective seems to have little to do with "history" and is generally hard to relate to.

Think of all of the times you thought "i wish I could do this with a click". You can do it with a click in Reaper.

I just get it done earlier with it than with any other DAW

If I had multiple separate cues and was using Reaper, I would set up a subproject per cue, and have them ready to go in project tabs. Then it's a single click to change from cue to cue

Subprojects seem to be a great feature for film scoring. Here is a video on this, if anyone wants to know more about it.

Like, changing tempo in one cue doesn't change that in other cues, etc.

Last edited:
They could easily cut it off after sixty days. They don't. Which suggests to me they aren't too worried about it. Again, I think most who decide to keep it pay for it. Kenny talks about it in the video I posted.
They know it's pointless because it's easily cracked and there may be a small percentage who buy it in the end just because they had a year or so to make up their mind while using it, instead of being rushed to make a decision and picking a more "proven" (in the sense of market share) competitor.

Most of us (at least I hope it's most) do the right thing and pay the $60 (another point in Reaper's favor), but you can put it on a hundred machines if you want to and never pay for it.
Actually 60$ is just the discounted license, for which most qualify. I bought the 225$ commercial license with the last upgrade to support them, even though I do qualify for the cheaper one.

I had to look it up to make sure because it's been so long: 2016 is when I bought it and it's still good till version 6.99 and we're just at 6.13. Reaper really is a steal, even at the commercial license price.

They know it's pointless because it's easily cracked and there may be a small percentage who buy it in the end just because they had a year or so to make up their mind while using it, instead of being rushed to make a decision and picking a more "proven" (in the sense of market share) competitor.

Actually 60$ is just the discounted license, for which most qualify. I bought the 225$ commercial license with the last upgrade to support them, even though I do qualify for the cheaper one.

I had to look it up to make sure because it's been so long: 2016 is when I bought it and it's still good till version 6.99 and we're just at 6.13. Reaper really is a steal, even at the commercial license price.
yeah I felt like even if I qualified - it's not worth the time, so I'm not even sure what the criteria was. I don't make money from music, and I don't make a whole lot of money(instead of booze I buy samples, don't judge) I may or may not meet the criteria technically, but If I can spend 900$ on berlin woodwinds - I can pay full price. I've dumped more than 225$ on a dumb sale buying things I know I wont use multiple times a year... (I've slowed down substantially since JXL though)

I can drop that kind of money for something I use mathematically far more.

reaperflex.png

plus, I figure for every full license, there are probably like 10 other nerds who didn't pay for reaper, who pirate every plugin and then complain that nobody wants to pay for their music XD

Top Bottom