What's new

Why choose Pro Tools over Logic?

If PT wasn't so expensive I would definitely add it to my setup. I'm ok without it though. Not a working pro and no need to conform to client demand there. However, Admiral BumbleBee's recent revelations about DAW transparency (or lack thereof) is making ProTools shine like a star in that dept. It has proven through measurement to be absolutely transparent with absolutely accurate automation, etc.. something that LogicPro is not comparing very favorably.

Nonetheless, I can't justify the expense of adding PT and figuring out what plugins I have in AAX on top of it all, etc.. So I will just keep living with Noisy LogicPro. ;)

My friend Joe uses Pro Tools and his argument is simple. "It's all going to end up in Pro Tools anyway so why not work in it?" I have never heard of an orchestral recording session or a final filmscore mix being done in any other software.

it's above my paygrade to wonder why ProTools is so dominant in the recording and mixing world but the truth is that everything I've ever composed or arranged in Logic has ended up as prelay tracks in a Pro Tools session.

(Post Geoff is responding to moved to the Drama Zone spinoff of this thread)

The two aren't mutually exclusive. A DAW can be chosen by a user both because other pros are using it, and because of how good it is. People like to say that everything happens for a reason; but in my experience, I find that most things happen for a multitude of reasons. I certainly didn't make my DAW choice for one reason alone. I doubt you did either.

Personally I'm glad there are so many DAWs to choose from. They each have things that make them popular and things that make them unpopular. That's okay. Live and let live, as the expression goes.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved a post from here to this thread's Drama Zone spinoff. People who would like to have a good brawl over why other people use a piece of software are welcome to go there.

Top Bottom