What's new

Which sample library made you go "wow this is insanely good"?

For me, it was the first time i played an orchestral violins pizzicato from (with a bit of reverb) VSL Special Edition 1.

It was when i realised for the first time it was actually possible to sound like a real orchestra.

Last edited:
You mean like SCS? ;)
I find SCS more consistent than Berlin Strings. I rarely have issues with SCS except for the violin 2 and viola legatos, which sometimes misbehave in unexpected ways. Berlin Strings is more fussy about all sorts of things that have so far made it not a joy to work with. I've just created a new articulation set for Berlin Strings, and I'm hoping that will solve a lot of issues that used to plague me when I was using keyswitches or separate tracks.

I find SCS more consistent than Berlin Strings. I rarely have issues with SCS except for the violin 2 and viola legatos, which sometimes misbehave in unexpected ways. Berlin Strings is more fussy about all sorts of things that have so far made it not a joy to work with. I've just created a new articulation set for Berlin Strings, and I'm hoping that will solve a lot of issues that used to plague me when I was using keyswitches or separate tracks.
did you see my video on how I set them up?

would not ever work on your machine the exact way i have it setup, but you could probably do something similar with less articulations I'm sure

I'm not sure. Could you post the link?

you've seen the thread but I'm not sure if I had the BS part(last video added) on the thread when you saw it

you've seen the thread but I'm not sure if I had the BS part(last video added) on the thread when you saw it
Thanks! Yes, you're right. I watched at least some of the cross fade videos, but I think I missed the one on setting up the Strings because it was added later.

Thanks! Yes, you're right. I watched at least some of the cross fade videos, but I think I missed the one on setting up the Strings because it was added later.
I will probably get around to I will probably get around to eventually making better versions of those videos using an actual microphone

1. SA Sable strings. I still use it to mix with other string libs for that "extra" glow.
2. OT Berlin Woodwinds. Beautiful and very authentic.
3. Bechstein digital piano. Endorsed by the Bechstein company. Best piano library ever!
4. VSL Epic Orchestra 2.0. I recently purchased VEP 7. This library comes with it!
I’ll second that Bechstein grand. Pretty amazing indeed.

Organic Samples Majestic Horn. The legato solo horn is stunning, as well as the fact that it costs around $2. Also the VSGS Crystal Rhodes puts a smile on my face every time I play it. Finally, in the higher priced category, the sordino strings sustains in Orchestra Essentials 2 is silky smooth and realistic.

-Scarlet Jerry

Nucleus....Very surprised by the sound and useability.
Everything is perfect. Nothing more to say. Fantastic.

Novo and Forzo. The mix of real instruments and hybrid sounds is amazing and the layers and arps you can do with it did blow my mind. I got more than I thought I was getting for sure.

Top Bottom