What's new

Which browser do you continue with in 2024?

sweeperxx

Which browser do you use to avoid resource consumption and background spy etc. issues?

I've been using Edge for two years. I'm actually happy with it, but I'm looking for a new browser because I've been having some performance issues etc. I'm curious about your experiences.

I use some plugins like Dashlane, Internet download manager. Are such plugins available there too? Do you know?
Edge is Chromium, Vivaldi is chromium. Should work out.

I checked and I found Dashlane and something called Internet Download Manager Integration Module.

Edge is Chromium, Vivaldi is chromium. Should work out.

I checked and I found Dashlane and something called Internet Download Manager Integration Module.
Ah cool, I'll download and try it right away then:)

I still don't have my studio machines online, so it doesn't make a lot of difference. I have a separate laptop on which I do all my browsing, downloading, and also try out all plugins so that I know how messy their installations are.

Good thread.

I am on Firefox since I dont know when (decades....) but its getting worth and worth. None of the new music online apps working, audio/midi/video seems just getting messy more and more...

Just recently I realized that simple livestreams beginning to get broken after half an hour, I was ranting on the channels till I realized its simply firefox, with chrome evrything is running smooth over hours....

Still firefox is the only browser where I fell kind of "safe"...but if its safe but useless....

SIGH....

Good thread.

I am on Firefox since I dont know when (decades....) but its getting worth and worth. None of the new music online apps working, audio/midi/video seems just getting messy more and more...

Just recently I realized that simple livestreams beginning to get broken after half an hour, I was ranting on the channels till I realized its simply firefox, with chrome evrything is running smooth over hours....

Still firefox is the only browser where I fell kind of "safe"...but if its safe but useless....

SIGH....
I used to uses waterfox because I like to be contrarian I guess. But it was so broken in the end, that going to firefox felt like things are working smoothely again all of a sudden.

I can't see myself using chrome as a main browser any time soon. Firefox is what I grew up with.

Do most surfing in either Safari or Brave on my iPhone and iPad. I use iCloud Private Relay with Safari and it really seems to mess with anything that tries to do tracking. Brave automatically removes YouTube advertising which is really nice.

Brave... I'm also trying DuckDuckGo's new browser which seems pretty lean, and for privacy it's a no brainer. So far i'm liking DuckDuckGo for searching youtube without a bunch of inaccurate 'personalized' suggestions that often skew YT search results...

One other thing you might want to look into is a browser extension like 'The Marvelous Suspender'. You can have it automatically put tabs to sleep that you aren't viewing. Depending on how many tabs you have open it can have a huge impact.

I currently have about 50 tabs across multiple windows in Brave, (often including multiple YT links I plan on coming back to), Brave's CPU use is barely even a blip on the radar because every tab other than my email, and currently viewed tab are suspended.... You can also save sets of suspended tabs using an extension called OneTab, (which can be useful if you have an unexpected kernel panic).

I use the Duck Duck Go extension for Safari. Once their browser is out of beta, I will probably switch to that.

Top Bottom