What's the green thingy on avatars?

Discussion in 'Questions about the new site? Ask here!' started by Nao Gam, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Nao Gam

Nao Gam Dirty little gearslut

Apr 1, 2018
    Some have it some don't. I noticed it suddenly appeared on mine too. Doesn't really matter much I'm just curious and generally procrastinating

2. jules

jules Julien Duc

Feb 6, 2013
    France
    Looks like it's the online status.

Nao Gam likes this.
  3. Jdiggity1

Jdiggity1 Stroking The Frog

Jan 31, 2012
    La La Land
    Online status.
    Green when user is online.

EDIT: I agree with Jules

Nao Gam likes this.
  4. jules

jules Julien Duc

Feb 6, 2013
    France
    Fixed that for you. :)

5. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

The GREEN light is the label indicator of activity for members in correct standing of membership presently logged in. It is displayed so others know that you are in fact actually not doing any work but procrastinating by pretending you have better things to do than working on music. If you are actually only lurking on the forum (as experienced procrastinators have learned, by not logging in) no green indicator would be present on your avatar and you would be totally invisible to others, who would be totally oblivious to your disguised subterfuge.

I have more to say about this, but I don't want to confuse you and make you waste even more time reading totally useless information. If you require further assistance in processing this complex algorithmic smoke-and-mirror, though, do not start a new thread, for it would betray your involvement on this thread by placing a green "witness" on your avatar.

Depending on the financial or social expectations of reward attached to this state of affair or goal pursued, however, you may select either appropriate approaches and experiment with filling the empty space between the hours with other kinds of entertaining options. Please browse the catalog of emoticons for tools to expand your language assets in this regard and mark points.

Regards,

Andre (jet lag is a b...each)

jules, Rob, michelsimons and 5 others like this.
  6. chillbot

chillbot Sock Muppet

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Dang! I didn't know all this. But what does it mean when your avatar has the HOT PINK indicator??

chillbot.png

JJP, Jeremy Gillam and creativeforge like this.
  7. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Color blind bot?

storyteller likes this.
  8. tmhuud

tmhuud Brown Belt

Nov 19, 2006
    Hollywood
    jules, Jaap and Jdiggity1 like this.
  9. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    That you require a new desk?

chillbot likes this.
  10. Jaap

Jaap Yes, that's an alto flute

11. Rasmus Hartvig

Rasmus Hartvig Active Member

Depends on the shape. If it's a circle, it's the online status. If it's a frog it means the user is an idiot.

creativeforge likes this.
  12. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Or it could be a boogey on your screen. :P

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    creativeforge likes this.