• Chris Hein

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • ProjectSAM

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Afflatus

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Yashiro_Ryu

What "This does Most" Strings, Brass, Winds did you find being used the most. What's GAS Killer for you?

P.S. - Changed title, as this was not meant to be niche poll. It was supposed to be very general & my intention was to find what you guys use a foundation library collection. Not every single library you use or have every used.

Last edited:
It’s a poll asking for the most used libraries yet leaves out many of the most used libraries. I don’t get it.
It asks about libraries, but then only lets you pick a subset of vendors and exactly one library hehe. No Eastwest, no Audiobro, no Chris Hein, no ….. That poll needs some work ;)

Edit: to OP, no disrespect, just a ‘factual’ remark

Edit 2: OP changed the thread’s title in the mean time ;)

Last edited:
OP is new to all this with sample libraries and developers, I think, and since the opening post they haven’t been online again yet. So be a little forgiving maybe :)

What Strings, Brass, Winds did you find being used the most. What's GAS Killer for you?
You might want to change Berlin to OT and add 8Dio, EastWest, Audiobro, Audio Imperia, NI, and (because why not) Sonokinetic, to name a few. Not to mention Aaron Venture's stuff.

OP is new to all this with sample libraries and developers, I think, and since the opening post they haven’t been online again yet. So be a little forgiving maybe :)
You are right of course. I didn’t mean to be disrespectful to the OP. My guess is you are right, and OP is actively trying to gather useful intel from here about the libraries and brands they have found out about so far. Maybe the poll is a little flawed but at the end of the day some of the answers given may still be helpful. My reaction was mostly directed towards Josě. Anyway, proceed!

For the Berlin, I mean the Berlin Main series with Expansions. The Poll is not gonna be too specific, that's why there are comments. Anyway it lists developers cause if the sections are recorded in same space, they blend and sound great out of the box.

If he is using terms like “GAS Killer” he’s been at this for a while. :)

I suspect that he has narrowed down his GAS to the listed developers and libraries and trying to decide what to get. If that’s the case I applaud him for not starting yet another “what library should I get” thread and for being creative in his approach.

it lists developers cause if the sections are recorded in same space, they blend and sound great out of the box.
However, you do have to realize that for instance VSL have a dry line and a series recorded at a soundstage. Spitfire have Abbey Road, Air Lyndhurst, Maida Vale and a dry line. Etc. So this statement will not fly actually.

However, you do have to realize that for instance VSL have a dry line and a series recorded at a soundstage. Spitfire have Abbey Road, Air Lyndhurst, Maida Vale and a dry line. Etc. So this statement will not fly actually.
Yeah, but polls are generally "general" & you can be specific in comments. I surprisingly find a lot of people like Spitfire. I just couldn't get myself sit well with the wet AIR sound. I prefer Berlin's sound the best.

Here's some libraries I own:

1.Piano
Garritan CFX | Golden Age Grand | Noire | SRX Keys | Piano V
Keyscape
Vespertone [Celeste | Vibraphone | Rhodes | Wurlitzer]
CP-70 V | Stage-73 V | Wurli V

2.Strings
Berlin Strings [w/ Special Bows]
Pacific Ensemble Strings [w/ Solo Cello Legato]
Cinematic Studio Strings w/ Solo Strings
Tokyo Scoring Strings
Ark I [Finckenstein High Strings | Wolfenstein Low Strings]
Ark II [Weddigen High Strings | Curtius Mid Strings | Pfarracker Low Strings]
Ark IV [High Strings | Mid Strings | Low Strings]
Time_Macro [High Strings | Mid Strings | Low Strings]
Time_Micro [High Strings | Low Strings]
SWAM Strings
VSM IV

3.Brass
Berlin Brass
Cinematic Studio Brass
CineBrass Core
Ark I [Kommandanten Trumpets | Schwarzdorn Horns | Rotdorn Horns | Hindenburg Tubas | Friedrich Bass Trombones | Koenigsberger Cimbassi]
Ark II [Koenig Fluegelhorns | Kadetten Bass Trumpets | Weissdorn Wagner Tubas | Waltroper Euphoniums | Ring Tubas]
Ark IV
Caspian [6 French Horns | 3 Trumpets | 3 Bass Trombones]
Time_Macro [Brass]
Time_Micro
Sample Modeling [French Horn, Tuba, Trumpet & Trombone]
SWAM

4.Woodwinds
Berlin Woodwinds [w/ Additional Instruments & Soloists]
Cinematic Studio Woodwinds
Ark I [Holbein Bassoons | Barnak Contrabassoons]
Ark IV
Time_Macro [High Woodwinds | Low Woodwinds | Double Reeds]
Time_Micro
SWAM

5.Harp - CineHarps | Berlin Harp

6.Organ
Royal Albert Hall Organ
B-3 V

7.Percussion
Orchestral Tools - The Timpani
Pacific Percussion [Bass Drum, Tenor Drum, Toms, Taiko, Sticks I & II]
Ark I Percussion Hits
Orchestral Percussion SDX

8.Drums
Superior Drummer 3
Stories
Decades
Rooms of Hansa
Hitmaker Electric
Core Library
Legacy of Rock
Stockholm
Zenology Pro

9.Bass - Trilian | Retrogade Bass

10.Synths
Omnisphere | Zenology Pro [Zen-Core | Jupiter-8 | Juno 106 | JX-8P | SH-101 | JD-800] | Diva [Minimoog | Jupiter-8 | Alpha Juno 2 | MS-20 | JP-8000] | Trilian | Tal-Pha | OB-X [SonicProjects] | OB-E | OB-EZ | SEM [GForce] | Arturia Collection
Pigments | Serum | u-he Synths
VCV Rack | Cardinal
Magical 8-bit

11.Electric Guitar - SC | LP | Rickerbacker
12.Acoustic Guitar - Taylor | Nylon Sky

Top Bottom