What's new

What is the least problematic monitor manufacturer you had to deal with?

I have had very good support from LG in the past. What were they unwilling to help you about?

We recently bought a few different samsung monitors for the studios, and their pre-sales support was good. I have not needed aftersales.

I have had very good support from LG in the past. What were they unwilling to help you about?
A week ago, I sent my recently-purchased monitor to an authorised repair centre to get it repaired (unit is under warranty), got it "repaired", took it back to the studio, and realised that not only the issue persists, but they had also bent the monitor's frame a bit. I called LG to ask for an explanation and how to proceed from here on in, and they indifferently told me to send it back to the repair centre. Utterly ridiculous. At this point, they should just replace my monitor with a new one and call it a day.
We recently bought a few different samsung monitors for the studios, and their pre-sales support was good. I have not needed aftersales.
Which samsung model?

A week ago, I sent my recently-purchased monitor to an authorised repair centre to get it repaired (unit is under warranty), got it "repaired", took it back to the studio, and realised that not only the issue persists, but they had also bent the monitor's frame a bit. I called LG to ask for an explanation and how to proceed from here on in, and they indifferently told me to send it back to the repair centre. Utterly ridiculous. At this point, they should just replace my monitor with a new one and call it a day.

Which samsung model?

C49RG9x for a composition computer
CJ791 for an admin computer

I've decided to buy a cheap Samsung UJ590 without HDR since all these other models are overkill for my tiny suite. Let's see if the flickering drama ends then; otherwise I'll go back to my DELL 27" 4K lol.

Hey, we have a bunch of dell 4k and 2k monitors all round the studios. They go forever, and have VESA mounts (for the win!!)

Viewsonic. First 30" monitor I ever bought and it's still my main monitor 10 years later.

For monitors, ideally you want a next business day on site swap out.
Dell from my experience not only produce some decent monitors but have the infrastructure to handle this.
This will vary by country so check it out.

This is the same with their business class PCs.
Except for the entry level stuff, you typically get 3 years next business day on site warranty included and can upgrade that to 5 years at the time of purchase very cheaply.
This is also true if you buy refurbished PCs from the Dell Outlet.
These are mainly customer returns so often in close to mint condition.
Not sure if they sell monitors at the Dell outlet!

Note that I haven't dealt with Dell for a couple of years so things may have changed.

Never had broblems with monitors (from today backwards):

- DELL (27", 16:9, 1ms G2G, 144hz, real G-Sync)
- ASUS (28", 4K, 16:9, 60hz)
- LG (29", 21:9, 60hz, IPS)
- Samsung (55" TV)
- Philips (42" TV)
- HP (22", 16:9, 60hz)

Top Bottom