What's new

What became of Albion 2 Loegria?

I never understood why Spitfire abandoned Albion 2 Loegria …….Paul was clearly excited when it was introduced what happened?
No idea….I just watched a video and liked what I heard….

Yeah i have it and really don't understand why they discarded it like it was some kind of mistake.
I’m sure there are plenty of other Spitfire libraries that deserved that fate more than Albion 2………

I think the sentiment was that it was too similar to Albion Neo
And as a set Loegria wasn’t especially coherent with recorders, sackbuts, and the marvelous horneuph. Neo works much better as a set, but the strings of Loegria are something special and the legato, which Intimate Strings lacks, is one of Spitfire’s best.

Yeah. I'm indifferent to the recorders and sackbuts (nice to have, for sure, but very far from essential), but I'd *love* to be able to buy - and very much in addition to Neo - the Logria legatos,

I wonder if the a la carte feature of OT's Arks might inspire something similar with spitfire? None of the Arks are really my thing, especially as (pre Ark 5) they're very much priced-for-exclusivity.

But the ability to pick up an instrument here and there as a way to slowly and carefully (if not necessarily, in the end, especially cheaply) expand a palette is a very a compelling thing.

For instance the 1/2 sections from Logria, the sustains of which are in ISS, are absolutely glorious. And I'd love to be able to pick up the full instrument with legato.

Added in version 4 : Logria !
01 - Spitfire Audio - LABS - Vintage Keys : The Seventy Three (Fender Rhodes)
02 - Spitfire Audio - Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions - Chamber Waves
03 - Spitfire Audio - BBC Symphony Orchestra - Bassoon
04 - Spitfire Audio - Spitfire Appassionata Strings - Violins Legato
05 - Spitfire Audio - Albion II - HornEuph
Update V4 le 01/04/2023

I still have and use Albion Legacy and Loegria libraries. Initially, I purchased the latter as a set of finer brushes to complement the first one. I've always thought what a pity that they didn't include more detailed brass and wind sounds instead of those obscure sackbutts and recorders. Neo didn't bring this either, so I'm not thinking about upgrading. Also, I generally prefer the sound of Legacy and Loegria orchestral content and there is also a significant price difference involved.

I still have and use Albion Legacy and Loegria libraries. Initially, I purchased the latter as a set of finer brushes to complement the first one. I've always thought what a pity that they didn't include more detailed brass and wind sounds instead of those obscure sackbutts and recorders. Neo didn't bring this either, so I'm not thinking about upgrading. Also, I generally prefer the sound of Legacy and Loegria orchestral content and there is also a significant price difference involved.
I was contemplating Albion ONE during the sale but decided against it since I picked up all these originals libraries with a decent portion of the albion legacy content. Loegria legatos are what I wish we could get repackaged. Until spitfire decides to do something with those samples, they are unfortunately lost to the digital abyss. Lucky you for having the legacy libraries still :).

I was contemplating Albion ONE during the sale but decided against it since I picked up all these originals libraries with a decent portion of the albion legacy content.
I was contemplating crossgrading to Albion One should I need a more aggressive and punchy-sounding orchestral/cinematic library in the future. However, the price of this crossgrade is too high in my book, having paid the original price in GBP + 25% of the VAT for the Legacy version. IIRC, the crossgrade is seldom discounted, at least not significantly.

Loegria legatos are what I wish we could get repackaged. Until spitfire decides to do something with those samples, they are unfortunately lost to the digital abyss.
Unfortunately, I think that Spitfire had conceived the Originals line very thoughtfully not to include legatos. ;)

I was contemplating crossgrading to Albion One should I need a more aggressive and punchy-sounding orchestral/cinematic library in the future. However, the price of this crossgrade is too high in my book, having paid the original price in GBP + 25% of the VAT for the Legacy version. IIRC, the crossgrade is seldom discounted, at least not significantly.
As I recall, it’s not unusual for the upgrade to be included in a 40% sale, maybe even 50%? Still not worth it, for me.

Added in version 4 : Logria !
01 - Spitfire Audio - LABS - Vintage Keys : The Seventy Three (Fender Rhodes)
02 - Spitfire Audio - Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions - Chamber Waves
03 - Spitfire Audio - BBC Symphony Orchestra - Bassoon
04 - Spitfire Audio - Spitfire Appassionata Strings - Violins Legato
05 - Spitfire Audio - Albion II - HornEuph
Update V4 le 01/04/2023

Where is the Loegria update? v4?

And as a set Loegria wasn’t especially coherent with recorders, sackbuts, and the marvelous horneuph. Neo works much better as a set, but the strings of Loegria are something special and the legato, which Intimate Strings lacks, is one of Spitfire’s best.
No worries ..... safe right here ! 🙏🏻
||||||||||
SFA Loegria.jpg

Last edited:
As I recall, it’s not unusual for the upgrade to be included in a 40% sale, maybe even 50%? Still not worth it, for me.
I've been following this for some time. The crossgrade price was discounted during some sales, but IIRC never more than 20-30%. BTW, out of curiosity, I tried putting this in a basket during the surprise 50% sale held recently, and it said "not eligible for discount".
I was lucky to get Albion One as a $100 one time special offer when Albion Legacy was discontinued few years ago.
This was probably one of the rare opportunities to get it at a such price for Legacy owners.

Top Bottom