What's new

What are you listening to ?

Cannot get enough of this mix at the minute. Paul Oakenfold - 1999 Gatecrasher

ahh takes me back - that was a golden era for trance music and the uplifting progression!

Another classic from that time..

Barenboim: Beethoven - Pathetique

This is a really great recording and performance of the 3rd brandenburg - rich, ambient and with a fat bottom end

Tedeschi Trucks new record
Matt Schofield Ear To The Ground (best blues guitar player since we lost Stevie)
John Cleary new record, Moonburn (always)
Bonnie Raitt's new record
Desplat's greatest hits
Reviewing Sly Stone, deepest funk there ever was
Koyaanisqatsi
Stephanie Miller show podcasts

A Winged Victory For the Sullen Atmos

Dustin O'Halloran - Lumiere

Brian Eno Neroli

Library Tapes Escapism

Sterling, I know what your saying, but between my old vinyl rig and my music server with a good converter (HRT), and a ipod I am happy these days.

Last edited:
Chris Jones, just great:

Grazie Ennio!

...and Articulate announcements of course!

also kiko:

Last edited:
At the moment it's Antonio Pappano's recording of Verdi's Aida. Heard a lot about it and since it recently won an award I thought I might see what all the fuss is about.

I recently found this recording of a live concert of Avishai Cohen (bassist) w/ l’Orchestre national d’Île-de-France. I used to listen to his trio a lot, and it's very nice to hear his music played by an orchestra.
It's an interesting mix with elements of jazz, classical and eastern music...

(broken link removed)

Listening to a couple of sequels. Jean-Michel Jarre's Electronica 2 and John Carpenter's Lost Themes 2 Didn't know John Carpenter had ever released a few albums recently. Always loved his film scores.

Oh cool, a Progressive Metal fan :elephant:
I don't really like Dream Theater's new stuff though, for me it feels like their music got very uninspiring since Mike Portnoy left, which is a bit sad for me, because I loved all their music (especially ToT, Octavarium and of course SFAM).

Do you know Haken? I discovered them through Amazon, and instantly fell in love with them! :)

Do you know Haken? I discovered them through Amazon, and instantly fell in love with them! :)

Haken defienetely sounds interesting, I'll have check the rest of their stuff out! DT is still great, but you're right, I too really miss the quality they delivered with Awake or Images and Words.

To me it's not necessarily about metal or progressive. I just like melodic writing, something that sticks. I get the feeling that many other bands just try to fit in a genre or cliche, they seem to forget the point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom