What's new

Waves updated plug-in graphics in Logic issue

galactic orange

Sensor Number
Waves updated three plug-ins with new graphics and features: Audio Track, Q10, and L1+Ultramaximizer. I use two systems, a 2012 Mac Mini and a 2009 MBP both running the latest El Capitan and Logic Pro X. The Waves plug-ins installed and loaded fine in Logic on the Mini, but on the MBP only the MONO versions display the updated graphic interface. The stereo version of all three plug-ins is displayed with the old interface when loaded. Anyone using an older Mac seeing this in Logic?

As a side note, I loaded the same Waves plug-ins in Maschine and the AU versions all loaded fine with the new graphics. However, the VST versions wouldn't load. Bizarre.

I had a similar update issue with the Waves plugins today, too. I think their server got pounded today and caused some issues with the updater. After 2 attempts at updating, my GUI in L1 was red blocks in Reaper. ProTools had an issue with Waveshell and wouldn't load any of the plugins. Deleting out the Waves cache by following these steps and reinstalling all of my waves plugs fixed it. Link below:

https://www.waves.com/support/error-during-product-installation-using-waves-central

I had a similar update issue with the Waves plugins today, too. I think their server got pounded today and caused some issues with the updater. After 2 attempts at updating, my GUI in L1 was red blocks in Reaper. ProTools had an issue with Waveshell and wouldn't load any of the plugins. Deleting out the Waves cache by following these steps and reinstalling all of my waves plugs fixed it. Link below:

https://www.waves.com/support/error-during-product-installation-using-waves-central

Thanks for your help. I'm away from decent Internet access now, but I looked this over and I'll try it when I have a chance. Interestingly, while I still was connected to the Internet last, I downloaded an offline installer of the Gold Bundle which includes these three plug-ins. I did a reinstall but it offered no solution. Maybe that installer had an issue too?

Thanks for your help. I'm away from decent Internet access now, but I looked this over and I'll try it when I have a chance. Interestingly, while I still was connected to the Internet last, I downloaded an offline installer of the Gold Bundle which includes these three plug-ins. I did a reinstall but it offered no solution. Maybe that installer had an issue too?
Might be. That seemed to be the problem for me at least. Have you also checked the top left corner in each plugin for the "legacy" and "modern" toggle which will flip the skin between the old and new versions? I just noticed it a few minutes ago actually.

Might be. That seemed to be the problem for me at least. Have you also checked the top left corner in each plugin for the "legacy" and "modern" toggle which will flip the skin between the old and new versions? I just noticed it a few minutes ago actually.
That's it! A glaring oversight on my part. Thank you. But it is strange that the mono and stereo versions of the plug-in load with a different default. That's one problem solved. I'll have to dig deeper and maybe do a full plug-in rescan to find out what's going on in Maschine. Anyway, thanks again!

Top Bottom