What's new

Only 3 Days Left! - VSTBuzz: 70% off “Thor” by Sound Magic - Normally €129 Now Only €39!

VSTBuzz

if there are any commercial or deal posts from this company Sound Magic nobody EVER comments... I find it very odd as well. Been a member for a few years and there's very few, if any, comments at all - good or bad.

Often when a post of theirs does get a reply or a question is raised, there is no reply from the company. This may explain the lack of comments - the company doesn't seem interested in engaging with it's potential customer base.

This guys did free Piano One and when competition wasn't that fierce it was really awesome piano tbh. And I'd love to try Thor but... I have really lots of pianos by now. But I love Thor UI...

And this company seems to be really lacking in PR / user communication. They try to sell their products with numbers and magical technologies behind those like "HD Velocity Layers can express up to 65,536 velocity layers and around 1000 layers have an audible difference. (learn more) " instead of talking with customers.

Often when a post of theirs does get a reply or a question is raised, there is no reply from the company. This may explain the lack of comments - the company doesn't seem interested in engaging with it's potential customer base.
Yes, I didn't think of that all . Thanks for pointing that out.

You can try the player for free (with almost a gigabyte of Yamaha C7 samples):

Although this freebie has all of the controls that Thor has, it sounds to me like the smaller sample set doesn't make use of some of them, such as the pedal noises and damping. But it does show that the VST player is competent and easy to figure out.

Just a gentle reminder that there are only three days left on our spectacular 70% off “Thor” by Sound Magic deal - Normally €129 Now Only €39!

Yeah Sound magic has kind of a bad rep around here. Don't remember why

Yeah Sound Magic has kind of a bad rep around here. Don't remember why
My hunch is that the bad rep has to do with business practices, and maybe language or cultural barriers, rather than the products. For example, the hype about hybrid sampling and synthesis requires a lot more explanation in order to be convincing. I think the instruments themselves might be competent, and might be decent values depending on your needs.

Until I realized this, this thread reminded me of a very different discussion about Muze AKA Sonex:

That might also be because both developers offer a Yamaha C7 as their free teaser. I think these are different situations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom