What's new

"Piano One Week" Sale event until January 14th

Soundmagic

Sound Magic has announced its "Piano One Week" sale event. offering 50%+ discounts on various Virtual Instrument and Effect plugins at https://www.supremepiano.com/sale.html (www.supremepiano.com/sale.html)
For Chinese instrument, Erhu, Pipa and Bawu, we offer over 50% discount
For single pianos, we offer over 50% discount
For effect unit, Neo EQ is now $69, over 50% discount
Neo DynaMaster is now $69, over 50% discount.
and more deals in sale page

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the pianos $149 last week? This 'sale' now has them listed at $299 with a 50% discount. Hmmmm.

Hi !
I'm not endorsed by Sound Magic but some months ago I received three pianos from them so that I could make a test. Personnaly, I think their pianos are very useful and this company do a great job !
So, I've made three tunes with two different pianos. And, it's not obvious to find a piano one can use both for classical and here for boogie-woogie style ! That's the case with the "Blue Grand".
Okay, I have pianos from other companies (Bosendorfer from VSL, UVI's Old Black Grand & True keys (american, german and italian), Piano in blue from Cinesamples and other ones...)). Nothing beats my real acoustic piano, of course. But, the parameters of the Sound Magic piano are so numerous that it's possible to get the exact sound You do want and that's pretty good (imo).
Now, about the price, I've seen they offer free extra when purchasing one of these pianos. Interesting, isn't it. Now, I'm sure M. Shane (very nice person) will answer to your doubts. Have a good weekend ! Hum, the brass comes from VSL, the drums from Addictive drums and the bass from Trilian Spectrasonics. No effects at all

I also sensed that this discount is strange, but I was reluctant to say it because there was no clear evidence and my memory might be wrong. Why do they do this?
Yes, why DO they do this? Very poor form indeed.

Piano price controversy aside, the info on the Chinese instruments is pretty paltry. Are there not even any videos demoing how they work? Demos sound good, but it's unclear whether it's phrase-based or playable legato. Can't purchase anything without knowing that.

I guess this is one company I'll never buy from. It's a shame when companies try and make a fast buck like this and shoot themselves in the foot instead.

When I think about it, what's really the difference from when Audiobro proclaims "60% off", when they have had 30% discounted prices all through the year?

I'd like to hear Soundmagic's explanation. Raising prices 200% prior to a 50%-off sale would be the most indefensible and appalling breach of ethics, so I'd like to give them a chance to address these accusations before I grab my broom and declare shenanigans.

@Soundmagic , can you enlighten us?

When I think about it, what's really the difference from when Audiobro proclaims "60% off", when they have had 30% discounted prices all through the year?
I think what it comes down to is you have a lot of individuals with companies who have no business sense. You don't need it to start up a company, but you certainly need at least some idea on what you are doing if you want it to be a long-term business.

Even companies like 8Dio with all of their sales makes me wonder what's going on there.

Top Bottom