What's new

VSTBuzz: 50% off Hammers + Waves Acoustic by skybox Audio

VSTBuzz

VSTBuzz: 50% off “Hammers + Waves – Acoustic” by skybox Audio

In “Hammers + Waves – Acoustic” you’ll find 3 remarkable keyboard instruments that are sure to spark your creativity and add fire to your tracks. Every note was precisely recorded through world class microphones and preamps by a robotic automation system of skybox Audio’s own invention.

The result is a collection of instruments that are stunning and dynamic replicas of the originals. But REAL is only the beginning…

This library is compatible with the free Kontakt Player version 6.0.0 or higher, no other purchase is required!

I can recommend it. A great value for the price. :thumbsup: I think the Yamaha C6 and UX are both great. The Relic Upright is not bad, but you should bear in mind that this is a piano from 1890. It just sounds different than modern pianos.

Any more love for these pianos? They seem like a nice concept and I'm almost sold, but have wasted some money recently on some other pianos that came up short...

Any more love for these pianos? They seem like a nice concept and I'm almost sold, but have wasted some money recently on some other pianos that came up short...
I think they're excellent. Not necessarily my go-tos, but I have dozens of piano VIs and usually go straight to the Synchron pianos. Really well sampled pianos, very good playability, and a seriously cool sound engine for textures and rhythms. At this price it's a steal!

Of these, I only ever really use the C6 (I just don't need upright pianos very often) but I think it's excellent, one of my favorite piano VIs, honestly. It has a ton of neat sound design and effects capabilities, too, but I hardly use those, I just like the clean piano samples and they're implemented extremely well.

It's very good for more "contemporary" applications, which is where I normally dwell (more modern jazz, funk/soul/RnB, modern-sounding scores, etc). Classical music will sound nice on it too but I'm sure there are more ideal options for it. For what I do, though, the HW C6 is one of the best, and very reasonable when it's on sale.

Of these, I only ever really use the C6 (I just don't need upright pianos very often) but I think it's excellent, one of my favorite piano VIs, honestly. It has a ton of neat sound design and effects capabilities, too, but I hardly use those, I just like the clean piano samples and they're implemented extremely well.

It's very good for more "contemporary" applications, which is where I normally dwell (more modern jazz, funk/soul/RnB, modern-sounding scores, etc). Classical music will sound nice on it too but I'm sure there are more ideal options for it. For what I do, though, the HW C6 is one of the best, and very reasonable when it's on sale.
If I am only interested in the C6 Acoustic (I have no interest in the other instruments) can you install only the C6 or do you have to install the whole package? Would hate to waste disk space on something I really don't need but would have loved to try the C6 without getting the whole included package even with good price I am very selective these days.

I honestly don't recall! I think you can but it's been a while since I installed them (and I always install everything just to have it, I'm dirty like that). Probably safest to email them just to make sure before you spend any money!

Yea, it'll install all 3 as one library. 23.11GB
Yes, but you can delete the samples you don't need in the samples subfolder after installation. They are named "RELIC UPRIGHT" or "UX UPRIGHT" with the file extension NKX/NKC. Together they are about 13GB.
@StMichaels But I can't recommend that because they are nice piano VIs. The Yamaha UX is really good.

Last edited:
Yes, but you can delete the samples you don't need in the samples subfolder after installation. They are named "RELIC UPRIGHT" or "UX UPRIGHT" with the file extension NKX/NKC. Together they are about 13GB.
@StMichaels But I can't recommend that because they are nice piano VIs.
Wow, you're right! The thought never crossed my mind though since I like all of 'em.
Along with the rest of their libraries, especially the Rhodes.

The Rhodes and Wurli are up there with the very best, for sure. Those three and the C6 were way worth the price of admission for me, I went in on their sale last fall or winter and I enjoy using them a lot.

Top Bottom