What's new

VSL's Black Friday Sales Stage2 | up to 55% off! | 2021 Releases' Intro Pricing Returns!

quick question about upgrade pricing... So the BBO brass libraries (H-K) are based on Synchron Brass, but I don't see any upgrade pricing (i.e. it credits x amount towards synchron brass full, or another x amount towrads synchron brass standard). For Synchron Strings Pro, this was spelled out pretty clearly, but can't for the life of me find anything about brass, and it seems it should be similar?

quick question about upgrade pricing... So the BBO brass libraries (H-K) are based on Synchron Brass, but I don't see any upgrade pricing (i.e. it credits x amount towards synchron brass full, or another x amount towrads synchron brass standard). For Synchron Strings Pro, this was spelled out pretty clearly, but can't for the life of me find anything about brass, and it seems it should be similar?
VSL's Black Friday Sales Stage2 | up to 55% off! | 2021 Releases' Intro Pricing Returns!

Thank you! For Strings Pro it was listed under each BBO expansion, so I did not think of checking Brass itself.

One last question, sorry to be a pest... But is there ANYTHING you get in BBO that you don't get in the full Brass? Since the plan is to eventually get full brass, probably still better to go directly to it, unless there is anything in BBO that is unique. I.e. maybe you get more defined sections in brass, but a "high brass" or "full brass" in one of the expansions for instance while not in Synchron Brass.

I'd honestly consider buying Dimension Brass as well if the sale were on again, it was tough deciding between DB and Synchron. Hopefully in the future VSL can make Synchron/Dimension Brass 2.0 and have the same individual mic'd players like Dimension Brass. There'd be a pretty big market for that it seems.

You can simply use the solo instruments for a2 / a3 use. Also, thea4 will probably be close enough so you can use it as a3 as well. I doubt many people can tell the difference when they will hear your music :)
You're right! :) In the virtual world that's not a big deal. But, a2 could be the 3 divisi of a6 or it could go as a division of a4. It can provide a lot of flexibility. Of course I could do this solo, but...
Anyway, I've now bought a Synchron Brass. The ultimate library for immersive audio. It's a pity I won't be able to hear the sound for a while because my studio was flooded.
Now I'm thinking about the zodiac. Brass is on Sybrs, but I like the zodiac string tone. I can imagine they'd be very easy to use for something like Orc's March. :)
And now I have to wait for the Sychron Ww and MIR 3D.
I mainly record in Synchron now, so I know they will blend well with Synchron in the real world:)

What should I look into buying after Synchron SE Bundle?
Nothing, use it a while first. You won't find a lot missing if you have the complete SE bundle, except maybe for specific articulations or instruments and if you need to ask, you're not missing any 😉

I demoed the (almost) complete bundle and had a blast. It is really rather complete.

I see Zodiac is on sale but noticed it does not have a further discount for Synchron Brass owners. I guess the 12 Horns and 9 Trombones in Zodiac are the same samples in SB?

The Stage 1 prices still seem to be active for now. To last-minute-panic-buy SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Bundle or not...

Already over my original BF budget, but on the other hand it's not really BF anymore is it?

The Stage 1 prices still seem to be active for now. To last-minute-panic-buy SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Bundle or not...

Already over my original BF budget, but on the other hand it's not really BF anymore is it?
No, but it's still a €1200 investment if you don't already own the VI SE. That's a big amount for a "last-minute-panic-buy".

Top Bottom