What's new

VSL Synchron Strings I Announced (Nov. Release)

Can aomeone please open the strings (v5 13/3/2018 download) preset and confirm that the matrix still has those same enpty slots? thx

Can aomeone please open the strings (v5 13/3/2018 download) preset and confirm that the matrix still has those same enpty slots? thx

Yes they are missing, I do believe these are the different legato articulation.

Also it does not effect the individual instrument section, that is why it's not such a pain.

If these missing patches are not among the patches section, they won't be among the matrix section either, so I'm guessing we are on stand by.

Hi FabioA,

This is a wonderful sounding track, showing how natural, and realistic Synchron Strings can sound when used properly. They sound super natural, and very realistic in this track. One of the best demos of Synchron Strings I have heard so far.

Bravo & Thanks for sharing,
Muziksculp
Thanks so much Muziksculp! Very very appreciated.

A beautiful composition, beautifully rendered. Fabio, are all of the strings Synchron?

Many many thanks :) Yes, no layering here, just Synchron Strings. And no eq actually; just (but very important imho) a church reverb with Altiverb on top.

@FabioA

It would be great to hear more of your Synchron Strings based tracks when you have more to share with us.

Is the second track you have after the first one you posted here also Synchron Strings ? it also sounds great.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

@FabioA

It would be great to hear more of your Synchron Strings based tracks when you have more to share with us.

Is the second track you have after the first one you posted here also Synchron Strings ? it also sounds great.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Yes, also Synchron Strings. In the second half I had to add SSS for harmonics. And there's a saturator to emphasize upper harmonics (I'm speaking about the harmonic series here, :) ) since the general dynamic is very low and I think it helps a bit.

Yes, also Synchron Strings. In the second half I had to add SSS for harmonics. And there's a saturator to emphasize upper harmonics (I'm speaking about the harmonic series here, :) ) since the general dynamic is very low and I think it helps a bit.

Very Cool !

Thanks for the feedback,
Muziksculp

Not specific to Synchron Strings, but a general comment about the treatment of String Libraries.

I find using saturaters, and mild-distortion plug-ins on strings quite interesting when some harmonic emphasis, or timbre change/sculpting is needed, a little bit of these types of DSP treatments can make quite a noticeable impact/improvement depending on the desired sound one is after.

Thanks to FabioA for bringing this up.

Does it make sense at all to have legato articulations in a full strings patch?

you have a point, Violas and violins at mid to high range, cello and violas at mid range, cello and bass at the low mid range, but there is nothing stopping this from being done anyway.

To be honest I did not even know about the full sections until it was pointed out on the VSL forum don't think I ever used string in that way too.

Top Bottom