What's new

VSL Smart Spheres w/ Smart Orchestra Crossgrade Price (usd 97.)

sostenuto

AKA _ doubtingtom37
Surprised to not see early comments. Rcvd e-mail, checked site, and just installed. Lots to sort, but seemed no-brainer having purchased Smart Orchestra recently. Enjoying Synchron Player greatly.

Hope these 'enhancements' continue ! Being pulled ever-so-gently toward VSL for main Orchestral libs.

Last edited:
They continue to make these libraries out of their old samples. I don't own Smart Orchestra, either. Glad you like them, but I don't need them, even for the money.

Recently, I totally turned away from VSL. Sorry, but it's ONE YEAR after the release of Synchron Strings, and there is no update, no expansion, just nothing. And instead of releasing a new brass or woodwind library, they continue with this FX stuff. And there is still no Synchron MIRx extension, which should have been the ultimate priority, in my opinion.

Sorry again, I didn't want to spoil this thread, and I didn't want to bring Synchron Strings back to daylight. It does still annoy me, because I spent my hard earned money on this library.

Surprised to not see early comments.
I think it's because it's hard to understand what VIENNA SMART SPHERES is.

It's not an orchestral instrument and it's hard to believe VSL when they say it's a "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" instrument.

The instrument is Synchro Player and I don't see any way to have a "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" or perhaps I miss something. Sound design inside Synchro Player sound like a toy.

As an exemple, a good "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" plugin is BYOME from unfiltered audio.

I know Synchro Player is new, but the road seems to be very long for VSL to become a company I would consider in sound design.

I think it's because it's hard to understand what VIENNA SMART SPHERES is.

It's not an orchestral instrument and it's hard to believe VSL when they say it's a "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" instrument.

The instrument is Synchro Player and I don't see any way to have a "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" or perhaps I miss something. Sound design inside Synchro Player sound like a toy.

As an exemple, a good "Flexible routing and sound-design possibilities" plugin is BYOME from unfiltered audio.

I know Synchro Player is new, but the road seems to be very long for VSL to become a company I would consider in sound design.

OK …. did not mean only 'positive' comment. :speechless:
As non-VSL User until recently, Smart Orchestra /Spheres offer opportunity to experience some of what VSL is about, at affordable cost.
I have Byome and can now do some comparisons.

Quite taken back by idea that VSL would offer two new products, perhaps notably aimed at non-VSL users or early-days Orch learners, and that these would be terrible examples of what VSL can do. This would surely be a disastrous entrée. :unsure:

Going to need a walkthrough video showing the patches ala Spitfire. Hopefully it comes out before the intro sale ends. Trying to decide between this or Spitfire eDNA.

Trying to decide between this or Spitfire eDNA.
If anything, in the meantime I got eDNA! :)

I feel the starting idea is similar, but the VSL version seems aimed to ready-made presets, while Spitfire is maybe more open to user experimentation.

Paolo

I listened to the demos. The sounds are okay, but a lot of us already have mountains of sounds like that from Spitfire Audio, 8Dio, Heavyocity, Spectrasonics, NI, etc.

VSL is really going to have to tell us how this product is different from the countless other similar products we already have, and sell it harder.

Top Bottom