What's new

VSL shameless "fanboyism" thread

Yeah did that but don't have it. Weird.
At first I clicked on the options where I chose Download Update - it downloaded something small and I didn't see anything new, I reopened Vienna Assistant and this time just clicked on the main button of Duality Strings which said Install without choosing the options - and it downloaded new content after all.

Reactions: Edu
At first I clicked on the options where I chose Download Update - it downloaded something small and I didn't see anything new, I reopened Vienna Assistant and this time just clicked on the main button of Duality Strings which said Install without choosing the options - and it downloaded new content after all.
Thanks, I have it now.

I wish VSL would improve their Vienna Assistant to make this sort of thing more straightforward. It's strange to go into the 'Installed' section, see Duality Strings, then go into the 'Not Installed' and see Duality Strings again (albeit with a different version number). I have lots of VSL products that aren't currently installed (partly for space reasons) and having to peruse these to see if anything jumps out at me ("hey wait, don't I have that installed?") is inconvenient.

If it's an update, why isn't it under the 'update' section?

Also to improve to find the download link for Vienna Assistant. I want to install VSL on my laptop and took me almost an hour searching for downloading Vienna Assistant.

How the hell would I know to download Vienna Assistant in “installation ilok” section. :mad:

I enjoy VSL quite a bit, but as long as we're providing feedback (of sorts) in the fanboy thread:
  1. Vienna Assistant: The small, white text on a starfield background with, of course, white stars can get difficult to see. Can also be difficult to see the checkboxes at times, like with the Duality update. I'm getting older and am on a high-res monitor, so it's kind of silly.

2. Synchron Player: Again, text size is a little bit of an issue for me. (EDIT: Strike this one, per the below)

3. Synchron Player: For the most part, I have a dislike of the default FX and it can sometimes take a bit of effort to hunt everything down to turn it off. The reverb is particularly not in my taste.

4. Legato: I don't use legato much anyway but I still don't understand their preference here. But that's a dead horse that I need to stop bringing up.
Overall, though, definitely a favorite developer. I'd LOVE to get some textural/character products from them similar to Tundra or EVO stuff. Oh, and I'm mad at myself for missing the latest Synchron Percussion sale.

Last edited:
On top there is a scale button.
Indeed there is. Figured I'd missed something. My apologies.

Funny enough, I don't visibly use Synchron Player much after getting everything set in VEPro. I certainly will again once BestService gets my Virtuoso order from last week fulfilled (no big deal - I know they can be sometimes fast and sometimes slow; just the way it is!).

Last edited:
Top Bottom