What's new

VSL shameless "fanboyism" thread

I have the old S.E.s, at least 1-3, pts. 1. Very cool that they still work and everything has been updated for Apple Silicon. Instrument Pro, being a Midiot, I could never really get my head around. Oh, I got Harps and the convo reverb as freebies. Way out of my range to get the really good stuff. But if I find anything lacking in HOOPUS, I'll use the VSLs.
You should check out the upgrade to the SYNCHRON-ized SEs, it's very affordable, you get additional instruments, like the Concert D lite, and you can use the new Synchron Player which is much easier to use compared to the VI Pro Player.

I think I recall that VSL's typical discount approach is a reduction in price if you already own the same samples (such as VI Serires -> Synchronized), but is it correct that there's no discount on Virtuoso for any prior Synchron/Duality purchases?

I think I recall that VSL's typical discount approach is a reduction in price if you already own the same samples (such as VI Serires -> Synchronized), but is it correct that there's no discount on Virtuoso for any prior Synchron/Duality purchases?
Correct

@Ben since this comment is probably not appreciated in the commercial thread:
Weird choice to record video with such a high framerate (virtuoso promo material).
Consider this a petition for a more cinematic look for the next videos.

@Ben since this comment is probably not appreciated in the commercial thread:
Weird choice to record video with such a high framerate (virtuoso promo material).
Consider this a petition for a more cinematic look for the next videos.
Maybe they wanted to show how fast they were moving since it is virtuoso? :grin:

I don't see any update for new Duality Strings (regular) content update via Vienna Assistant, do I need to purchase the virtuoso to get the free content update for regular version?

I don't see any update for new Duality Strings (regular) content update via Vienna Assistant, do I need to purchase the virtuoso to get the free content update for regular version?
No. Just browse to regular Duality in the assistant and you should see the install button lit up. It won’t show up as “new” so it won’t look like anything is there.

No. Just browse to regular Duality in the assistant and you should see the install button lit up. It won’t show up as “new” so it won’t look like anything is there.
Thanks, I see it and downloaded it.

Thanks VSL for the free new content, the new Staccato sounds really really good!

Reactions: Ben
There is no way to please everyone in this matter although I am sympathetic to peoples workflows/preferences.

I stopped using Cubase because of the dongle, back in the days when it was introduced. I picked it up again when I was able to do online activation, and it works for me.

As a super sloppy person when it comes to keys and everything else of importance I appreciate the current system with VSL. I don’t like it but it works for me. Between 2000 and 2015 copy protection systems have been a nightmare for me, every issue you can think of I have had it. Ever since iLok online activation was introduced my systems have been OK.

Which libraries do you have? I generally feel the opposite (choirs and pianos are the highlights), so interested to hear which ones you’ve used.
Sorry for late reply, I went with BBO since I am new to VSL and I love the sound. I will have to take back what I said about choirs, they are great but have different sound than Voxos and Hollywood Choirs, been using those for a while…

Started with Altair and working my self up with Low Brass etc, I need a quick and qualitative sketch orchestra and VSL is just what I needed.

And the old one has been replaced by this one? If not, how do you know which is which?
No, the old one is Staccato, the new one - Hard Staccato, both with Bold and Agile variants! Ah, now Virtuoso brings even more shorts, hunting for my vouchers..)))

Top Bottom