What's new

VOXOS 2 and Olympus Elements, main differences?

Arise

Hey guys, I don't really have a dedicated choir library, however I do have the choirs in Metropolis Ark 1. I was looking to expand with a dedicated, versatile (can do lower and higher dynamics well), intuitive and easy to use choir library.

I am a bit limited on my choices, as:
- it needs to be Kontakt Player compatible
- preferably something smaller budget (less than 300eur would be great)

I don't do super detailed choir writing, mostly the cinematic and epic stuff (pads, staccato/maracato lines, louder sustains).
I don't really need or care for soloists or individual sections (bass, alto, tenor, etc.)

I could get VOXOS with the EDU discount which would make it half the price (249usd), or alternatively I was looking at Olympus Elements (which is also on sale now).

The other offerings from devs like 8dio, Strezov are sadly only Kontakt full version libraries and the non-Kontakt options (Spitfire choir, EW Hollywood Choir) are a bit expensive for me and needlessly too in depth for my needs, and I dont really need the Wordbuilder from EW.

So I'm thinking VOXOS or Olympus...or perhaps it would be a good idea to just stick with Ark 1 Choirs? I was mainly looking at these 2 because I feel they would be better for a wider range of playing (not just mainly epic like Ark 1).

Anyone here who owns VOXOS and Olympus Elements, and can give their thoughts on these libraries, what context they are good in, how versatile they are, how the usability and intuitivness of use is?
If you have any demos or tracks where you used them, please feel free to share, I would love to hear!

Hey guys, I don't really have a dedicated choir library, however I do have the choirs in Metropolis Ark 1. I was looking to expand with a dedicated, versatile (can do lower and higher dynamics well), intuitive and easy to use choir library.

I am a bit limited on my choices, as:
- it needs to be Kontakt Player compatible
- preferably something smaller budget (less than 300eur would be great)

I don't do super detailed choir writing, mostly the cinematic and epic stuff (pads, staccato/maracato lines, louder sustains).
I don't really need or care for soloists or individual sections (bass, alto, tenor, etc.)

I could get VOXOS with the EDU discount which would make it half the price (249usd), or alternatively I was looking at Olympus Elements (which is also on sale now).

The other offerings from devs like 8dio, Strezov are sadly only Kontakt full version libraries and the non-Kontakt options (Spitfire choir, EW Hollywood Choir) are a bit expensive for me and needlessly too in depth for my needs, and I dont really need the Wordbuilder from EW.

So I'm thinking VOXOS or Olympus...or perhaps it would be a good idea to just stick with Ark 1 Choirs? I was mainly looking at these 2 because I feel they would be better for a wider range of playing (not just mainly epic like Ark 1).

Anyone here who owns VOXOS and Olympus Elements, and can give their thoughts on these libraries, what context they are good in, how versatile they are, how the usability and intuitivness of use is?
If you have any demos or tracks where you used them, please feel free to share, I would love to hear!
Just so you're aware, we at Soundiron also offer an EDU discount. :thumbsup:

Just so you're aware, we at Soundiron also offer an EDU discount. :thumbsup:

Thanks! But I'm guessing the discount doesn't stack with sales (like the current sale for example) right? In that case it would be a better deal to pick up Olympus on this sale for the -33% than normally with an EDU discount. Or?

Olympus ? How's the softer dynamics? I can't seem to find much audio demos and walkthrough videos showcasing the softer dynamics.

Olympus ? How's the softer dynamics? I can't seem to find much audio demos and walkthrough videos showcasing the softer dynamics.

Pretty good imo, the library has a big focus on ambiences and pads and sustains. I'd say it's more suited for the softer stuff actually, than the big epic style of choir

I checked out your walkthrough and demo video. I'll get my hands on using Olympus later today, but just one question. Is the "Swell" knob/parameter the one I should use if I want to crossfade between softer and louder dynamics?
Yes, swell is correct.

Top Bottom