What's new

Virtus TI Max for Live editor

Pier

1713281051204.png

Wow, that's cool.
Now that Access has discontinued the virus and the 1:1 software port has been released I'm seeing a lot of them for sale over here, dunno if I'll ever part with mine though!

Darn,
I use Logic Pro.
I don’t like much the available editors.
This one looks cool.

I seem to remember they added an export to VST in Max?

Maybe they will export this if there's demand.

So no option to export M4L to VST?
Doing this was my first thought because I just moved back to Cubase for synth music. Of course, they had to do TI M4L after I did it :grin:
The Aura plugin doesn't makes me feel confident from all those comments that I read (including messing up the hardware if it's even possible).

Once the emulator works as it should I'll change to that since I have the ti snow. I would like to get the desktop Ti2 though. and have a better midi plugin editor.

Once the emulator works as it should I'll change to that since I have the ti snow. I would like to get the desktop Ti2 though. and have a better midi plugin editor.
I bought TI recently (after wanting Virus since forever). I'm using it as a normal MIDI synth without editor and so far I don't feel that I miss vst editor.
Menu diving is logical and intuitive, at least to me. I have less complex digital synths that I always need to check manual to refresh my memory of shortcuts and hidden parameters. With Virus I just follow intuition and so far so good.

The emulator is very CPU hungry and not 100% stable especially in larger project. Hardware uses 0% CPU so it's a huge advantage in comparison. Personally I don't trust it to the level to use it professionally, just to play with it in empty projects.
Also, yesterday I tried latest version of their Micro-Q emulator and I got audio glitches right away without even playing a single note. Previous version was fine so they did the anti-optimisation it seems 🙃

I finally got the beta of the ti emulator with the file browser and it finally works. im happy I can use the virus ti as just software. not sure I need the TI snow anymore since It was just to get the sounds, but I do like the desktop for the knobs. but I still want the TI2. ive had the TI keyboard when it first came out, then sold it and got the desktop TI, sold it then got the snow.. and now have the emulator. I guess im a fan lol.

Can you use Max For Live Devices be used in the regular Max? If so, RNBO should allow the developer to export to VST with a bit of extra work.

Can you use Max For Live Devices be used in the regular Max? If so, RNBO should allow the developer to export to VST with a bit of extra work.
Yes, you can; however, to export to VST through RNBO, you need to build the whole patch from scratch in the RNBO module with the analogous RNBO objects. Later, when exported, the VST will have a generic UI, which I would have to make from scratch in C++ and connect all 524 (per part =524 x 16 parts) again.
Although it's a heck of a lot of work, I'm not dissuaded by it; I'm more afraid of my lack of C++ skills.

I finally got the beta of the ti emulator with the file browser and it finally works. im happy I can use the virus ti as just software. not sure I need the TI snow anymore since It was just to get the sounds, but I do like the desktop for the knobs. but I still want the TI2. ive had the TI keyboard when it first came out, then sold it and got the desktop TI, sold it then got the snow.. and now have the emulator. I guess im a fan lol.
works like a charm

Yes, you can; however, to export to VST through RNBO, you need to build the whole patch from scratch in the RNBO module with the analogous RNBO objects. Later, when exported, the VST will have a generic UI, which I would have to make from scratch in C++ and connect all 524 (per part =524 x 16 parts) again.
Although it's a heck of a lot of work, I'm not dissuaded by it; I'm more afraid of my lack of C++ skills.
That is a lot more work than I expected!

Also installed the OsTirus emulation today and loaded the firmware image (*bin) of the TI 61 hardware. Absolutely phenomenal. No sound difference, can load up all my presets and works perfectly fine in Logic (AU) and Ableton (VST3). For performance testing I added 7 instances each 18 voices + arp (M2 Pro Mac MIni, 16GB):

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-24 um 17.39.10.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom