What's new

Veronica's Theme

BradHoyt

This track "Veronica's Theme" is the main character theme for Veronica Hobbes who appears in the "Newbury & Hobbes" books by George Mann.

Instruments used include Spitfire's HZ Piano, Olafur Arnalds libraries, and the female choir from Metro Ark II by Orchestral Tools

Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Nice piece. The only thing really bothers me are the loud piano notes, if you even out the velocity a little bit I think it could sound better.. also change to another instrument, orchestration in the second part would be nice.
Otherwise great work!
Ben

Nice piece. The only thing really bothers me are the loud piano notes, if you even out the velocity a little bit I think it could sound better.. also change to another instrument, orchestration in the second part would be nice.
Otherwise great work!
Ben
Thanks for the feedback - I'm in agreement on your points. The piano was a little tricky. When I would flatten out the velocity, the piano sounded a little expressionless. In the end, I tried to cherry pick the notes that were the worst offenders and adjust their velocity. It would have been really nice if there was a way to *easily* adjust the velocity curve of HZ Piano. What's there is this microscopic velocity curve and you're forced to use the mouse to draw the curve. Frustrating... I just acquired Embertone's Steinway, and I'm very impressed with the velocity and volume curve control that you get in the UI with their instrument. I'll see how future recordings turn out when using Embertone's piano. :)

Top Bottom