What's new

V1.1 UPDATE! Cue Builders Cinematic Rhythms from Red Room Audio

Hi @X-Bassist and @Rob Elliott . We chose to go with 16-bit samples to minimize RAM usage, figuring that the 4 tempi would take care of any time-stretching artifacts. But after seeing your wishes here we're going to go ahead and package 24-bit samples and will happily provide them to existing customers upon request. Just email us at support@redroomaudio and we'll take care of you.

The MIDI files request is a much more difficult ask. We pondered their inclusion more than once during development but for very complex reasons I won't bother detailing here it would have required many, many hours of MIDI note/file re-organization and tweaking to be usable. Therefor we opted to pass. Hope that's not a deal-breaker and our reasonable pricing for such a massive amount of content helps make up for it.

That's a very kind offer. Thank you. Email request sent.

And it certainly is a reasonable price for that amount of content.

The musicality (and usability) of the loops is good. I'd still pay double for MIDI, if that would price point would make up for the laborious process of doing that.

Hi @X-Bassist and @Rob Elliott . We chose to go with 16-bit samples to minimize RAM usage, figuring that the 4 tempi would take care of any time-stretching artifacts. But after seeing your wishes here we're going to go ahead and package 24-bit samples and will happily provide them to existing customers upon request. Just email us at support@redroomaudio and we'll take care of you.

The MIDI files request is a much more difficult ask. We pondered their inclusion more than once during development but for very complex reasons I won't bother detailing here it would have required many, many hours of MIDI note/file re-organization and tweaking to be usable. Therefor we opted to pass. Hope that's not a deal-breaker and our reasonable pricing for such a massive amount of content helps make up for it.
Thanks for the great response! I never expected it, but I appreciate it. The 24 bit files will help.

I realize the midi files would still need matching instruments since there aren't multisample instruments, so I don't think skipping the midi is a big deal. Placing the blocks needed to mix and match loops is easy enough.

But what could help mucho mucho is single hits to end or transition phrases, often the weak part of phrase percussion libraries. It's great that there is a switch to add or remove an end hit, it would just be nice to have more control over the level and placement by having those end notes on a seperate key.

But regardless, this is a great library. Thanks for upgrading it. :)

I don’t think 24-bit would make that much of a difference actually. On the other hand, higher sample rate would make an audible difference when slowing down audio.

Personally, I like it when developers make products as lean as possible. No 100.000 lines of useless code, no 12 mic positions where 10 sounds basically the same, no 32-bit audio where absolutely no one can tell the difference in an AB-test. If it sounds good, it sounds good!

Pretty much an instant buy for me based on the sound and ease of use, but I also greatly appreciate the developer's responsiveness to the concerns here. Thanks for making a great product available!

Reactions: JW
Thanks for the great ideas here. Keep them coming, we're listening! 24-bit samples are almost ready to be delivered by request (thanks for the emails) and we'll be rolling out a little update soon with a few of your ideas implemented, including the ability to play the end hits samples, @X-Bassist. Stay tuned and thanks to all for the kind words.

Last edited:
I don’t think 24-bit would make that much of a difference actually. On the other hand, higher sample rate would make an audible difference when slowing down audio.

This is largely true, however it seems that 24-bit does have some impact with Elastique (which is what Kontakt is using for timestretching).

But yeah, 96k samples would probably have a greater impact than 24-bit. But that is over 2x the RAM load...

I like what I saw/heard in the walk-through video.
User interface looks accessible and laid out for good ease of use.
The mod-wheel tilt looks intriguing.
Of course only people who actually started using it might be able to say for sure but I do have the impression that it is pretty easy to use and variations through the layers etc are put together quickly.

A question remains for me if there is enough material for quieter passages, or is the focus more on big sound? Maybe someone who has tried it out might be able to chime in here.

Maybe as a future addendum I could imagine a selection of one-shot samples as well. This would enable us to create even more organic intro/outros/transitions.

Maybe as a future addendum I could imagine a selection of one-shot samples as well. This would enable us to create even more organic intro/outros/transitions.

You could actually cut out one-shots yourself as all of the WAV files are included - over 19,000. These are per stem too, so there are lots of exposed hits on the loops recorded at 72 bpm. I've had lots of fun exploring them.

I'd like to buy but creating endings on percussion phrases like I can with a few given samples like Action Strikes is a big deal. A few multi sampled instruments to create your own ending over the top would have been killer. I guess I can add toms or what not from other libs but the consistency will suffer some.

There are release samples/oneshots available in the raw .wav files. Not multisamples but it is a matching single hit for each stem.

You could actually cut out one-shots yourself as all of the WAV files are included - over 19,000. These are per stem too, so there are lots of exposed hits on the loops recorded at 72 bpm. I've had lots of fun exploring them.

Yes, true - but that defies the purpose of a time-efficient composing tool. I simply dont't want to spend the time to go through thousands of wav files.

Trying do download, but it doesn't work. Redemption key not found.
How long can it take until the key can be activated at pulse?

Top Bottom