What's new

UVI offers 50% off World Suite 2

I think what you're saying may not be a problem - if the intent would be to sell the prior licenses which are duplicated with purchasing the bundle. For example say I already owned Nagoya harp as its own license. I could transfer that license provided that the $25 iLok transfer cost was covered, correct?

(I had put in a question about this to support a few days ago but I think UVI is busy ATM).

[BTW I was happily surprised that UVI let me stack some vouchers for some other items, and they rewarded me with an additional voucher immediately after my purchase. Wow, great company!]
Correct you are!

Ugh, just saw this, it seems the sale is over. I have World Traditions and they offered me $199 to upgrade, which is on the edge for me with this type of library, I would have very quicklyt upgraded at 149 - the 25 voucher.

Sigh.....I really hope that something "new" in case of expansion rumoured around will come up in january cause I am definitely not interested in digital synsations. And to spent the vouchers on something I dont really need/want.....

E78 with vouchers. I fear for my storage, but yes - HARD to resist…
Hi Temme,
I know the price for VV4 is very nice at the moment but I’m asking you this question as a synth enthusiast with more experience,knowledge and abilities than myself.
Besides the great price and the amount of SSD space Vintage Vault 4 requires,how useful is this gargantuan library purely as a collection of synths? Playability,sound quality,malleability etc……
Is this behemoth library,price aside comparatively speaking in a better class than most sample based synths?
Thanks,
Kenny

Last edited:
I already have that one though :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Have you locked in ? I am not really interested but had the same "problem", then I locked in and realized it still "counts" not as voucher but for getting the upgrade prize from 299 to 199, so the same like that voucher.

Have you locked in ? I am not really interested but had the same "problem", then I locked in and realized it still "counts" not as voucher but for getting the upgrade prize from 299 to 199, so the same like that voucher.
Oh yeah, My upgrade price is 199. I have a bunch of UVI instruments now though, not just the DS1. My only voucher is a 20,- one though, so no further stacking for me :D.

I don't have the storage space for Vintage Vault, but I do have Synth Anthology and other UVI vintage libraries. For those wondering, I would say that if you want Vintage Vault as a resource for presets that sound amazing because they use samples, then it is probably about as wonderful as you can get. But if you want to design your own patches, you might be better off with Arturia's algorithimic approach.

UVI probably has emulated filters and so on for many of their synth libraries. I know from using Falcon, that there are a lot of options for sound shaping that mirror classic synths and samplers. So, you aren't just getting samples crammed into conventional Kontakt effects (as you may find with some sampled synths). But they won't have emulated every detail; nor would their emulations necessarily be the very best available.

The quality of the samples I have experience of is really excellent. But, I do think that the samples have been tidied up to the extent that you lose the danger and raggedness of some of the original hardware. I don't have actual experience using the original hardware in nearly every case; but I have used other hardware that very much isn't vintage. Especially with analog synths, they can constantly surprise in both useful and frustrating ways. I don't think that Vintage Vault captures that; certainly not based on the subset of synth libraries that I have. But, really, nor do nearly all algorithmic soft synths (Knifonium is an exception; I'm sure there must be others.)

I decided to go with the Arturia V collection; but it would make plenty of sense to go with Vintage Vault if you want a huge collection of wonderful sounds. Or both, if you could manage it!

I know that the World Suite 2 sale is over; but there was some discussion of Garritan's World Instruments and EastWest's Silk. Don't forget East West's Ra (which is older than Silk, but not as old as Garritan). I don't have World Suite 2; all the others are useful in their place. Garritan takes a bit more processing - compressor, EQ, reverb, nothing fancy - but they all have their place. There are a lot of other options out there, including Ethno World 6 as a generalist library; but also lots of solo instruments, and more culturally focused libraries. There is no one library that you should feel you have to have anymore.

Hi Temme,
I know the price for VV4 is very nice at the moment but I’m asking you this question as a synth enthusiast with more experience,knowledge and abilities than myself.
Besides the great price and the amount of SSD space Vintage Vault 4 requires,how useful is this gargantuan library purely as a collection of synths? Playability,sound quality,malleability etc……
Is this behemoth library,price aside comparatively speaking in a better class than most sample based synths?
Thanks,
Kenny
Hey Kenny. I’m not really into sampled synths, although I do have Syntronik 2 Max, Vintage Vault 1 and tons of Soundpaint ones. They all sound great, but at the end of the day you play back a sampled synth patch, OR you use the sample as fodder for your own patches, and at that point it stops being a Kawai K1 (or whatever) and becomes a Falcon patch. Which is great. But my personal enjoyment of synths lies mostly in programming my own patches from scratch. Of all the samples I have, the Falcon ones all sound great. I do regularly use the Kurzweil K-series ones that UVI have released (U1250?) because I love that particular set of sounds. I may even get VV4 this month, just because the current deal is great.

TL;DR I am not really a sampled synths guy. Plus…. the storage man, the storage…

Hey Kenny. I’m not really into sampled synths, although I do have Syntronik 2 Max, Vintage Vault 1 and tons of Soundpaint ones. They all sound great, but at the end of the day you play back a samples synth patch, OR you use the sample as fodder for your own patches, and at that point it stops being a Kawai K1 (or whatever) and becomes a Falcon patch. Which is great. But my personal enjoyment of synths lies mostly in programming my own patches from scratch. Of all the samples I have, the Falcon ones all sound great. I do regularly use the Kurzweil K-series ones that UVI have released (U1250?) because I love that particular set of sounds. I may even get VV4 this month, just because the current deal is great.

TL;DR I am not really a sampled synths guy. Plus…. the storage man, the storage…
I suspected as much ,it threw me (excluding the ridiculous upgrade price point) that you would even consider VV4 considering your love of programming non-sampled synths.

Thanks 😘 @DoctorXsample8dioanythingMelda&FMorsubtractiveFlintPopeChrisHeinArturiaKaroryferWaverunnerUVIEmptyVesselCherryAaronVentureMeldaBenOsterhouseemmit

I suspected as much ,it threw me (excluding the ridiculous upgrade price point) that you would even consider VV4 considering your love of programming non-sampled synths.

Thanks 😘 @DoctorXsample8dioanythingMelda&FMorsubtractiveFlintPopeChrisHeinArturiaKaroryferWaverunnerUVIEmptyVesselCherryAaronVentureMeldaBenOsterhouseemmit
My pleasure mate ;)

I own Ra and Silk, how does these two compared with WS2?
I think that it varies from instrument to instrument. I've been told that the older World Suite 2 instruments are fairly basic, while the ones that have been sampled more recently are very playable. Ra and Silk both sound amazing, but also have some instruments that are less deeply sampled than others.

I echo what others have said about VV4. It's a great collection of presets and most sound fantastic, but others synths are a lot more pliable to create your own.

I enjoy VV4 and things like Arturia Lab because of the quality presets, as I'm often times just looking for a standard sound which these products have multiple varieties of. No need to create bass XYZ or some classic arp myself with these products. I like them for that and rather use them as a collection of premade samples I can use more than anything else. Falcon will help btw, not in the least because you can actually search for presets over all content, which cannot be done with UVI workstation.

Top Bottom