What's new

UVI offers 50% off Vintage Vault 4 - Vintage Synth Collection through January 29th 2024

UVI

UVI is offering 50% off Vintage Vault 4, their vintage synthesizer and drum machine collection offering 50 years of synthesis history at your fingertips.

Vintage Vault 4 delivers hundreds of vintage drum machines and synthesizers utilizing a sample-based approach. Users hear the authentic sounds of real hardware, and can explore thousands of handcrafted presets or even create their own, with all the nuance, character and grit of the original circuits - achieving that "hit record sound" without the need for additional processing or CPU-intensive emulations.

Vintage Vault 4 gives users access to 36 UVI products valued at $3,934 if purchased separately.

The 8 latest products added to Vintage Vault 4 include Emulation II+, Program 24, PX Memories, PX SunBox, Super-7, Prime 8+, Hybrid 6000 and Bit Zone.

Special Offer: $299 | 50% off (Reg. $599) through January 29th, 2024 at uvi.net.

Owners of any version of Vintage Vault and included single products are eligible to special offers - login to your UVI account.

Discover Vintage Vault 4:

Listen to Vintage Vault 4:

I asked this on the WS2 thread too, but does anyone know whether all parameters are fully sampled or are some portions modeled? For example, if I tweak the filters or envelopes, does it play different samples for each adjustment or does it adjust some virtual filter/envelope on top of the same samples (and if so, are these modeled sections unique to each synth or are they generic ones that’s shared by many)?

Basically, how authentic are these once you start tweaking the presets past their starting points?

Last edited:
I asked this on the WS2 thread too, but does anyone know whether all parameters are fully sampled or are some portions modeled? For example, if I tweak the filters or envelopes, does it play different samples for each adjustment or does it adjust some virtual filter/envelope on top of the same samples (and if so, are these modeled sections unique to each synth or are they generic ones that’s shared by many)?

Basically, how authentic are these once you start tweaking the presets past their starting points?
Afaik the filters, envelopes, LFO's etc are modelled after the original synth.

How authentic they are, no idea. You have to ask people who actually own those synths. I always thought of these as sampled from and modelled after the real deal. Presets are inspired by.

Whatever they did isn't really important to me, all these instruments sound just só good.

Hard to say - if you open up the patches (and you can open all of them up and use the whole Falcon synth engine!) most of the samples are just raw waveforms from the original synths (sometimes with additions - for example, there might be a 'PWM' sample), so at least some of it is afterwards is in the synth. But it's just whatever Falcon has built in - for example, the OB-XXX, which is kind of an OB-Xa/OB8, has a filter with LP/BP/HP options - but the original had a single LP filter that could be switched between 12/24 dB. So it's not even the same setup. (But it is the 'Xpander' filter so at least it's still oberheim :)

But if you just treat it as a source for sounds (there are a lot of them!) it's useful imho. And if you are the type who likes to start with an init patch and program everything from scratch - it's a decent amount of raw material to use, and the Falcon synth is deep. They usually add something to the original too - effects at least, sometimes other stuff (the Synergy has an interesting 'energizer' for instance).

Thanks Marcus & chroma. I was playing with Digital Synsations in Falcon and I noticed the filter parameters on the GUI appear to be connected to the Xpander filter in the edit page, which is partly what led to my question…

You’re absolutely right these sound fantastic, but I have too many synths that also sound fantastic and I am trying to find an excuse to buy this :grin:

Top Bottom