What's new

UPDATED: Divisimate presets for BBCSO Core (based on VSL Prime Inspiration v1-3)

eakwarren

Eric Warren Hobbyist Composer
Hello!

I've converted Divisimate's Orchestral Core, Orchestral Voicings and Prime Inspiration Vol. 1-3 presets (based on VSL's Synchron Prime Edition) to https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-symphony-orchestra (Spitfire's BBCSO Core) keyswitched instrument set. The companion Logic Pro template is based on Spitfire's free template. There are also Trigger plugin presets for BBC key switches as well. Please review the Read Me in the zip file and the project notes within Logic Pro to see additional tweaks I made to Spitfire's template.

New v2 presets
Old v1 presets

Enjoy! :)

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 2.04.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Wow, this is fabulous! I've been messing with these templates all day in studio one but also own logic and this is great to have. Thank you so much for your effort!

Spitfire has done some site redesign recently and now offer templates for a number of DAWs. I'd be interested to know how the Studio One template works for you. :)

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 6.05.01 PM.png

I really enjoyed this @Nextmidi video playing the Prime Inspiration Vol. 2 presets. In particular linking the A-D presets to build the orchestration over time. Very well done and it got me thinking!

Is there interest by the Divisimate team, or in the community, for building templates for various sample libraries beyond SWAM & VSL? Do you envision building that out on divisimate.com leveraging community submitted templates similar to what Spitfire has done above, or some other delivery mechanism?

Performance collections also appear to have potential, both free and commercial. Thoughts? :)

I really enjoyed this @Nextmidi video playing the Prime Inspiration Vol. 2 presets. In particular linking the A-D presets to build the orchestration over time. Very well done and it got me thinking!

Is there interest by the Divisimate team, or in the community, for building templates for various sample libraries beyond SWAM & VSL? Do you envision building that out on divisimate.com leveraging community submitted templates similar to what Spitfire has done above, or some other delivery mechanism?

Performance collections also appear to have potential, both free and commercial. Thoughts? :)

I would love to see more templates for other libraries. EastWest Hollywood Orchestra would be particularly good, given many people own it, and you can get it cheaply via subscription.

Spitfire has done some site redesign recently and now offer templates for a number of DAWs. I'd be interested to know how the Studio One template works for you. :)

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 6.05.01 PM.png
I've used the templates for Reaper which are very well done. The one they have on the site is done by @Hooo but there is also another one that can be found on YouTube.

I think the template design by Christian Henson and Jack Jackson is really good. Currently, I use OTR as it has so much built into it that saves time.

I think the template design by Christian Henson and Jack Jackson is really good.
I prefer it as well. It's a good resource to import different tracks into using Logic's Browser (F key by default.) Option-click on project files and select tracks to import. :)

This thread I started also has more Divisimate presets that may be helpful.

I created https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bluR5KUyXVdj0tKhlGgbtb5w4itUgAMM/view?usp=sharing (<u>156 presets for Divisimate</u>) based on the Professional Orchestration series of books. I've also started making presets based on scores I've studied. For example, here's 19 Mendelssohn - Fingal's Cave Op.26 Presets.

The preset naming convention is (+ means unison, - means octaves). I've also included the instrument registers in some presets (L, M, H, VH) to help with organization. They are based on Divisimate's SWAM Orchestral Templates for Logic. I hope you find them useful!

Very cool! How did you make up the individual woodwinds and horns since bbcso only has instrument ensembles and one leader per instrument type?

@branshen According to https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-symphony-orchestra-core#whats-included they have single instruments,... just not "leaders"? I'm not sure what the difference is besides marketing, but they clearly differentiate between Flute and Flute A3 (for example.) At any rate, I used the old transpose trick to create 2nd and 3rd instruments. I set Tune to either +2st or -2st, and then set Transpose to -2 or +2 respectively.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 9.12.11 PM.png

@branshen According to https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbc-symphony-orchestra-core#whats-included they have single instruments,... just not "leaders"? I'm not sure what the difference is besides marketing, but they clearly differentiate between Flute and Flute A3 (for example.) At any rate, I used the old transpose trick to create 2nd and 3rd instruments. I set Tune to either +2st or -2st, and then set Transpose to -2 or +2 respectively.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 9.12.11 PM.png
Yes, you are right! I was using the wrong terminology. Only the strings section have "leaders".

Aha! the tranpose trick! Great. Thanks!

The divisimate presets work beautifully for BBCSO. I've been having a blast with them. Very small changes to get it to work with Cubase.

Have you developed any more presets by any chance?

@Stormin Here's a new Discord invite. I actually just updated the presets to be compatible with Divisimate v1.4 released today. Grab them on Github. :)
OMD@0.5x.png
Thank you for that. The invite worked and I've got my hands on the presets. Now to find some time this evening to play with them. Thank you for all your efforts - they make a scrub like me feel like I'm far better at this composition thing than I really am. Cheers!

Top Bottom