What's new

Unfiltered Audio Battalion. What's this then?

Wish there were more great posts re. hardware drum synths !! Spending major time sorting options, with little gain. Have and enjoy Korg - Drumlogue, UNO Drum.

Great deal, and got Digitone months ago ..... Elektron workflow ...... 🤪
Leaning toward Digitakt _ pondering Syntakt or Analog RYTM MKii for added drum focus .... but 😱

Erica LXR-02 or Roland TR-8S may not bring notable gains over Drumlogue .....

Sorry for OT .... but need more hardware drum dudes /dudess(s) !

Last edited:
Driving Battalion 'trial' with Triaz (native) sequencer, and luvin lots so far. Very nice Presets !!

Wish there were more great posts re. hardware drum synths !! Spending major time sorting options, with little gain. Have and enjoy Korg - Drumlogue.

Great deal, and got Digitone months ago ..... Elektron workflow ...... 🤪
Leaning toward Digitakt _ pondering Syntakt or Analog RYTM MKii for added drum focus .... but 😱

Erica LXR-02 or Roland TR-8S may not bring notable gains over Drumlogue .....

Sorry for OT .... but need more hardware drum dudes /dudess(s) !
Top of my list for a hardware drum machine would be the SOMA Pulsar 23. There is nothing like it in software...

Top of my list for a hardware drum machine would be the SOMA Pulsar 23. There is nothing like it in software...
Appreciate your reply _ only recently checked out Pulsar 23 in detail. Clearly will take focused time to understand adequately what it brings. Semi-modular is not strong option, but surely depends on abilities to use well. Cost is a factor, yet not blocking best selection. Andrew Huang's YT vid provides good basis for getting started.

Checked Eria Synths PERKONS HD-01 as well.
THX ! Lots to sort and compare.

Thom B

It's really cool. The synth engines remind me of all those little machines in the Elektron Syntakt.
yeah latterly that added to the inspiration and direction but development started in some ways as much as 10 years ago with some Reaktor Blocks that Mike at UA created. Elektron workflow is definitely all over it so if you dig the way those machines work it should suit. I find it pretty intuitive although on first encounter it does present...a lot of things and I've been looking at betas for quite some time!
I've even been having fun just using the many synth engines and sending trigs and automation from Live so it's not totally necessary to dive straight into the sequencer.
Drop the sample rate on the FX, crank up the Maximiser and add some tape saturation and it's certainly been making me happy!
Nice to see some positive, constructive comments here as always :)

Top Bottom