What's new

True Strike is leaving the store - Farewell Sale

They could include True Strike in a Legacy-folder in their new percussion lib.
If that is their plan, they could announce it. I get it, though: by doing that, they would lose out on potential sales. "Hey, let's say we're getting rid of it and do a sale in order to get some extra money in." A scummy tactic, for sure, but one that I would not be surprised by.

I'm not saying that is the case.

Too bad, I really like True Strike and would have bought TS2 as well were it still available and had it received the 2.0 update.

Odd move (especially considering that many people have done investments during BF and end of year sales, so less people have budgets left)
The last day is a few days in the future (and announced yesterday!).. too short notice even.

But also, why retire a product (that received sooo much praise over the years), when the successor is not even available yet. (and not much info on it has been given). As someone else here mentioned: projectsam could just include TS as a bonus

Seems more a financial infused choice, than anything else

Last edited:
I've been planning to buy True Strike and ProjectSAM Classic Brass for 15 something years. The Brass library was discontinued couple of years ago and I missed the mail).
So just bought TS, thanks for the alert, guys!

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your input. We had not anticipated such a strong response and we appreciate your feedback. I would be happy to clear up a few things here:

1. The phasing out of True Strike

Considering your feedback, we have made the decision to extend the current True Strike Farewell Sale until a date after Lineage Percussion has launched. This will give everybody a fair chance to compare and see what Lineage Percussion is all about. What we can share with you already is that there is no sample overlap between the two libraries. Lineage Percussion is 100% new content.

2. Discontinued but not unsupported

We will stop selling True Strike in our store. But this does not mean that we will stop supporting the library. On the contrary: If you ever experience an issue with the library please don't hesitate to write us and we would be happy to help you out with any issues! The library will also continue to be downloadable through Native Access or as a manual download in your ProjectSAM account.

We hope this has cleared up a few things and as always we appreciate your feedback!

Hi all,

Thank you for all of your input. We had not anticipated such a strong response and we appreciate your feedback. I would be happy to clear up a few things here:

1. The phasing out of True Strike

Considering your feedback, we have made the decision to extend the current True Strike Farewell Sale until a date after Lineage Percussion has launched. This will give everybody a fair chance to compare and see what Lineage Percussion is all about. What we can share with you already is that there is no sample overlap between the two libraries. Lineage Percussion is 100% new content.

2. Discontinued but not unsupported

We will stop selling True Strike in our store. But this does not mean that we will stop supporting the library. On the contrary: If you ever experience an issue with the library please don't hesitate to write us and we would be happy to help you out with any issues! The library will also still be downloadable through Native Access or as a manual download in your ProjectSAM account.

We hope this has cleared up a few things and as always we appreciate your feedback!
Cool, thanks Wytse! You guys are awesome as always... though I'm still unsure why Truestrike is being retired, considering the content won't appear in the new library, and you'll help to keep it working. Why not just have a section on your site for older (deprecated) libraries? I mean, if someone wants to buy them, why not let them?

Cool, thanks Wytse! You guys are awesome as always... though I'm still unsure why Truestrike is being retired, considering the content won't appear in the new library, and you'll help to keep it working. Why not just have a section on your site for older (deprecated) libraries? I mean, if someone wants to buy them, why not let them?
agree with you

Does seem an odd choice. After all, if they don't sell them and someone wants them (older, deprecated libraries), they will just find other means to get them. Offer them as a low priced product or for free (though I know free is out of the question).

Edit: If it is because, as Evans speculated at, they are not willing to order more serials from NI, then... well, I guess there's only one way for people that want it after it disappears to get it. I understand not being able to justify ordering more licenses from NI. It's a problem that is caused by them in this case, but, at the end of the day, they are a business as well and are out to make money. Not that that justifies the price of their licenses, but *shrug*

Maybe it's not selling well enough to order a new batch of serials from NI. Maybe they don't want to overload Support by spreading knowledge over so many older releases if they are now doing new ones. Could be many reasons.
Well the second reason is easy to deal with - just let people know the limits of support for deprecated libraries.

It’s a fair point for the first one. I feel like this is more of a case of simply cleaning house of libraries not selling too well, and being surprised people didn’t want it removed.

Feel free to jump in at any time, Wytse 😂

I am wondering how comprehensive & expensive Lineage Percussion will be...I'm sure I will want it...and buy it if I can afford it. Looking forward to more info!

I will buy anything from PS if I will be able to afford it. Started from OE, recently got Swing bundle with Animator (just looks super fun to play). Wanted to get TS one day but now I am heavily anticipating new library. Their libraries just do it right at what they are aimed for.

Br
Sebastian

It seems odd to sunset a product so recently made into an "all-in-one" patch — not to mention that True Strike 2 never got the same treatment.

I'd be much more inclined to take advantage of this sale if I either (1) knew the contents of Lineage Percussion to be different or (2) had an assurance of a crossgrade / loyalty discount specifically for owning True Strike 1 v2 or (3) both. I expect I'm not alone here.
I should refine my premise to say that I don't really see the incentive to buy a library that a dev has publicly admitted is dated enough to be worthy of removal from storefront even after a GUI remaster.

What could incentivize people to buy True Strike would be knowing that it and True Strike 2 were going to arrive inside a bespoke Project SAM plugin à la Orchestral Tools SINE. That would remove the barrier of dealing with NI to acquire Kontakt Player licenses. — And just in general, it would be both convenient and comforting knowing "oh hey, I'll be able to make multi-part combinations from ANY of my Project SAM libraries in one plugin", instead of a single instance being limited to the contents of its library, as is the case with any given SAM All-In-One. (How many times have I wanted a single plugin for combining Symphobia 1+2 with Orchestral Essentials 1+2 at will? Many. But that's another topic for another thread, I think.)

What could incentivize people to buy True Strike would be knowing that it and True Strike 2 were going to arrive inside a bespoke Project SAM plugin à la Orchestral Tools SINE.

But seriously, Kontakt is a known entity. A future plugin isn't - maybe it has the required features and maybe it doesn't. And we've seen situations with OT where people don't like the remake (eg the Revive vs original woodwinds).

However, ProjectSAM aren't doing a Spitfire here and asking people to guess whether it's true or not as they're keeping it on until Lineage launches, so people can make an informed decision. Which is nice.

Top Bottom