What's new

Trailer Music Course by Alex Pfeffer: Best course material ever? (TSFH!)

Let me explain a bit:
People that rely on a secret or some special method or whatever and think that this keeps them upfront their competition is, in my opinion, a self-confidence flaw.

Even if that person wouldn't exist at all, there would be hundreds or thousands of composers closing new deals right now within this minute. So, disregarding keeping their secrets for themselves, it would happen anyway.

Next up, I am confident enough to understand that even if someone knowing all my hints, everything I have ever learned and would create 1:1 my style and even 100x better, still wouldn't own my brain. At this time this would happen, I probably would be long off doing something completely different, eventually not music at all.

Besides that, I don't have competition, just fellow composers. If someone gets the job, it was probably deserved and I don't want to waste any time being angry at someone.

Of course, when I build some mammoth project like this course, I can't offer it for free, but I am convinced that by giving and not expecting anything in return, the return can be way more awesome instead of actively running around, asking, and pitching for gigs.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Alex. Of course I would never expect, nor suggest, that you offer this course for free. I am sure a good deal of time and effort went into it. Besides, why not profit from your knowledge?

I disagree that people who rely on a secret or some special method and think that this keeps them upfront on their competition is a self-confidence flaw. In fact, I think that many times, it can keep them upfront on their competition. But I do hear you on your "style and brain" comment. Thanks again! :)

so far 28% into this and all i hve to say is wow! the details and structures thats layed out is really good. alot of work was put into this and i would recommend it to anyone looking to learn stuff in trailer. worth every penny and alex is still updating it. the whole process of a track is organized easy to learn from.

I disagree that people who rely on a secret or some special method and think that this keeps them upfront on their competition is a self-confidence flaw. In fact, I think that many times, it can keep them upfront on their competition. But I do hear you on your "style and brain" comment. Thanks again! :)
What would happen if one of your competitors find out one of your secrets and would suddenly surpass you and you would get out of business, making less money in the future?

Did you have these thoughts? I assure you, these are just what it is: Thoughts or to express it a bit more extreme: Existential fear and impostor syndrome! :)

First off, people hire you because they like working with you. Because they like what you create and deliver. You are probably someone that your clients can rely on. You are willing to dedicate to the project.

Also, take into consideration that there are people out there that know all of your secrets and even tons more that you don't know. It doesn't decide if you are more or less successful.

Therefore it is all thoughts, something your head creates because of underestimating yourself ... which is, a flaw (no matter how little) in your self-confidence. We all suffer from this more or less.

I still suffer from many self-confidence flaws but I realized that no one took a job away from me because someone learned some of my secrets. And even if, I am happy for them to see them advance in the industry! This is what I call Business-Karma and because of that thinking and attitude, I attract working projects without the need to pitch for them = therefore I don't need to be worried about someone taking away a gig from me :)

What would happen if one of your competitors find out one of your secrets and would suddenly surpass you and you would get out of business, making less money in the future?
This can happen in business. That is not 'Existential fear'.

That's why many employees of many companies must sign a waiver or NDA or do-not-compete, etc. This, so the company does not have to worry about competitors getting hold of secret recipes and other trade secrets.

I'm 50% through the course and so far it's been extremely useful. There is a tremendous amount of content. I'm pretty sure I'll be going back over some stuff to reinforce what I've learned. So much of the mixing and mastering topics will apply to any genre of music you produce. It's also been great to peek inside Alex's setup to learn about plugins and sound libraries that I don't have or may have never considered using. Very good suggestions all around. I appreciate Alex's generosity in sharing his knowledge. He definitely could have charged more for this course.

This can happen in business. That is not 'Existential fear'.

That's why many employees of many companies must sign a waiver or NDA or do-not-compete, etc. This, so the company does not have to worry about competitors getting hold of secret recipes and other trade secrets.
Sorry, I thought we are talking about individual/self-employed composers and their personal strategies/secrets. It is an entirely different thing with companies of course.

I'm 50% through the course and so far it's been extremely useful. There is a tremendous amount of content. I'm pretty sure I'll be going back over some stuff to reinforce what I've learned. So much of the mixing and mastering topics will apply to any genre of music you produce. It's also been great to peek inside Alex's setup to learn about plugins and sound libraries that I don't have or may have never considered using. Very good suggestions all around. I appreciate Alex's generosity in sharing his knowledge. He definitely could have charged more for this course.
Thank you soo much for your kind words! I really appreciate it and glad it has been helpful to you! :)

There's been an update to the course focused on epic percussion ensemble writing (and adding brass).

Alex Pfeffer's Trailer Music Course is on 30% Black Friday sale.

https://bit.ly/trailermusiccourse (LINK to the course), enter code TMCBF30OFF21

Fantastic learning resource for aspiring Trailer composers.
💪

I got the course on Black Friday 2022 and I am very satisfied. I'm a hobby musician and earn no money with it. The course is very entertaining, there are many insights and "tips and tricks".

Top Bottom