What's new

Tiger the Frog's Categorized & Alphabetized List of November 2021 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have discovered that I have the same problem with the gray as I did with the green. o_O It can be very fiddly. I can want to only turn a few words gray and it turns the whole line gray. But I agree that it is useful. After all, I often come back to these old posts myself!
I'll propose a couple of alternatives in case one of them (or a combo) is less work:

- Keep the whole line grayed out.

- Add a separate section for expired deals.

- Add [EXPIRED] or something like that to the front of the entry.

- Keep expired deals aside in a personal file until the thread is over, then put them back at the end.

- Just ignore the expired deals and put the time towards hunting for yacht deals.

And I have discovered that I have the same problem with the gray as I did with the green. o_O It can be very fiddly. I can want to only turn a few words gray and it turns the whole line gray. But I agree that it is useful. After all, I often come back to these old posts myself!

Are you toggling the BBCode on? Even if it's just for a time, to move a tag here and there, and then go back to usual mode. You can do crazy things more easily, if you're not too afraid of the code :)

I'll propose a couple of alternatives in case one of them (or a combo) is less work:

- Keep the whole line grayed out.
Then I'd be graying out stuff that's still active.
- Add a separate section for expired deals.
The idea of the post is that all the stuff is categorized and alphabetized. That goes for today and also when people come back months from now. I already take out free stuff and intro prices.
- Add [EXPIRED] or something like that to the front of the entry.
I only get a limited number of characters per post, so I'm wary of adding anything.
- Keep expired deals aside in a personal file until the thread is over, then put them back at the end.
By November 30th... :faint:
- Just ignore the expired deals and put the time towards hunting for yacht deals.
So I think graying out, like the way I use red for the day's new stuff, is the best use of the space.
But thank you for your suggestion! I know you want to help.

from 80,- to 30,- (I'm definitely getting this).
If you're on mac, save yourself the heartache - it crashes and pops logic like crazy. It's been brought up several times to the developer on forums and although he said a year ago he was working on a fix, I'd say it's probably abandonware at this point.

Just to add, I bought Ocenia on PF megasale and it came with free river piano too, dunno if it's always like that.

If you're on mac, save yourself the heartache - it crashes and pops logic like crazy. It's been brought up several times to the developer on forums and although he said a year ago he was working on a fix, I'd say it's probably abandonware at this point.
I am not and will never be on Mac, so it's not a problem ^^.

EDIT: But that's a good thing to know for anyone else, of course.

I put a link to your comment on the Thenatan listing.

There is a sale on UVI Quadra at AudioDeluxe---Metal and Wood for $99 ($149) This isn't up on the UVI site yet--they just have the original Quadra--Muted and Harmonics. so I'm going to call this an intro price.

So it looks like Quadra is a series. I like the concept.
Yes, I just an email about that - but, again, from AudioDeluxe. This is a very intriguing development.

Re: AIR and SONiVOX products.

Both companies were purchased by inMusic, a holding company that mostly owns music hardware brands like AKAI, Alesis, M-Audio, Denon, Marantz, etc.

By regularly offering these two companies' stuff for $1 or as free gifts they have essentially devalued the brands to nothingness. And as @Temme said, some of these products are abandonware. You don't see updates on most of them and when the internet is abuzz with a bug, they don't fix it. I would imagine that all it will take is the right OS update to make some of them not work anymore. In fact they don't work on some computers, so it's good to get demos.

That said, these instruments were made with a lot of love by some of the most talented people in the business. If you judge them by sound, you may be impressed. I am a huge fan of SONiVOX's percussion libraries, which are incredible bargains at the $3 they often sell for. But the way that InMusic has trashed the brand makes a lot of people give them less respect than they deserve.

It's fine if Heavyocity sells Punish Lite for $50 on their site and gives it away for free this month on Plugin Boutique. They might sell some copies of the full Punish by doing that. That's a very different thing than if you know that anything they sell could very well turn up for a dollar.

Recently, InMusic bought BFD.
I totally agree with that. I love orchestral companion strings and percussion, and 88 piano. If they update the strings with some scripted legato they are among my favourite.

Yes, I just an email about that - but, again, from AudioDeluxe. This is a very intriguing development.
It's up on UVI now. I was very intrigued by the original idea of Quadra, but I happen to already have a lot of arp sounds with muted and harmonics. I remembered thinking it would be nice if the sounds were more diverse. @Simeon did a nice video on the original. I hope he does one on this.

I totally agree with that. I love orchestral companion strings and percussion, and 88 piano. If they update the strings with some scripted legato they are among my favourite.
The strings sold for $1 at Plugin Boutique once.

Xpand!2 is another library I like a lot, and they've given it away for free so often. They've done everything but offer you five bucks to take it off their hands. :laugh:

It's up on UVI now. I was very intrigued by the original idea of Quadra, but I happen to already have a lot of arp sounds with muted and harmonics. I remembered thinking it would be nice if the sounds were more diverse. @Simeon did a nice video on the original. I hope he does one on this.
A Simeon video is the best way to fall in love with an instrument. Over and over and over again, with every instrument. What I love is that every instrument that he looks at was worked on hard by people with their own tastes and aims and perspectives and they are all worthy of loving. It's just a matter of finding what makes them great at what they are rather than dwelling on what they are not.

And then only buying a small sub-set of them...

A Simeon video is the best way to fall in love with an instrument. Over and over and over again, with every instrument. What I love is that every instrument that he looks at was worked on hard by people with their own tastes and aims and perspectives and they are all worthy of loving. It's just a matter of finding what makes them great at what they are rather than dwelling on what they are not.

And then only buying a small sub-set of them...
@Simeon is a gifted musician, but he's also a very kind and spiritual human being. I think people feel the sincere enthusiasm he has about virtual instruments and music. I really enjoyed getting to know him when I was on the Composer's Roundtable podcast. And he just confirmed to me that he has a copy of this already and will review.

I was going to get the update for Elysion, but I might go for this instead. It's the same kind of multi-arp instrument, but I think it has more variety.

And you can get $7.92 DeluxeBucks with this at AudioDeluxe

(I have no affiliate relationships with UVI or AudioDeluxe)

sad kermit.jpg

Last edited:
@Simeon is a gifted musician, but he's also a very kind and spiritual human being. I think people feel the sincere enthusiasm he has about virtual instruments and music. I really enjoyed getting to know him when I was on the Composer's Roundtable podcast.

I was going to get the update for Elysion, but I might go for this instead. It's the same kind of multi-arp instrument, but I think it has more variety.

And you can get $7.92 DeluxeBucks with this at AudioDeluxe

(I have no affiliate relationship with UVI or AudioDeluxe)

sad kermit.jpg

Poor lonely Frog...

Yes, Simeon is a good man with a big heart and a wide-open sense of joy for art. Plus, he likes Star Trek. So, he's alright by me! Rather a nifty singer, too...

I think whatever works for you - you're the one doing all the hard work for the community! If it proves too burdensome don't be afraid to drop the idea before we start to feel entitled :P

Dunno if I'm doing this right but:

from 80,- to 30,- (I'm definitely getting this).

FYI
I bought VYBZ when it was first released,many users have had issues and there’s a few bugs or quirks that people have been requesting be corrected since VYBZ was released and while the NATAN has had more recent releases and sales he has never addressed any of the numerous issues users have experienced with VYBZ.
I recommend trying on your system thoroughly before anyone decides to purchase.VYBES is a nice effect plugin POTENTIALLY but the developers silence and no updates after several months and countless requests from users on various forums addressing these issues makes me hesitant in recommending VYBZ.

FYI
I bought VYBZ when it was first released,many users have had issues and there’s a few bugs or quirks that people have been requesting be corrected since VYBZ was released and while the NATAN has had more recent releases and sales he has never addressed any of the numerous issues users have experienced with VYBZ.
I recommend trying on your system thoroughly before anyone decides to purchase.VYBES is a nice effect plugin POTENTIALLY but the developers silence and no updates after several months and countless requests from users on various forums addressing these issues makes me hesitant in recommending VYBZ.
Well. Sh*t. That really sucks.

Well. Sh*t. That really sucks.

It works well for some people and others with particular DAWs have CPU issues, if I remember correctly ABLETON is one DAW that users are having problems.
It’s a cool plug but please try it on your system before you buy it to make sure it’s OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom