What's new

The Meaning in the Music: Hans Zimmer and Time

It must be such a strange feeling having people breaking you down and thinking they have you figured out every other week!

ha ha yeah this analysis kinda comes across as a bit pretentious. Rctec would probably come here and say actually no i just play around and if it sounds good to me and fits the score i use it. ;)

Danny

Last edited:

-... - --

or in Morse code... BTM!!!

56322871.jpg

(sarcasm of course)

I dunno. The example he showed in Interstellar didn't seem convincing. I guess it could be real. In any case it doesn't seem connected, to me, to the question of what makes the score work. Like he mentioned Mountains, the reason why that score works (IMO) is because the accelerating click subconsciously drives home the idea of "years lost every minute."

Last edited:
There is a morse code in Beethoven 5 too. It reads: 'st-st'. No idea what it is supposed to mean, though.

I'm trying to figure out how people have so much time on their hands. Once it's figured out, can someone please let me know? Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out how people have so much time on their hands.
How is it that you have so much time on your hands to post on this forum?

Honestly I've never understood this quip. If you disagree with the point or dislike the work in some other way, that's one thing, but to suggest that its production must be because the creator has too much free time is passing way too much judgment on how anyone should spend their time IMO.

How is it that you have so much time on your hands to post on this forum?

Honestly I've never understood this quip. If you disagree with the point or dislike the work in some other way, that's one thing, but to suggest that its production must be because the creator has too much free time is passing way too much judgment on how anyone should spend their time IMO.
It was actually a legitimate question, combined with a joke. Don't read too much into it.

To be fair, I do spend too much time on this forum. ;)

Last edited:
It was actually a legitimate question, combined with a joke. Don't read too much into it.

To be fair, I do spend too much time on this forum. ;)

because its addictive. we're a strange bunch of people us composers we have to stick together ;)

Danny

Someone care to share the gist of the video? Seems like it's been taken down.

This always seems to happen with Interstellar videos. I'm still waiting to find out what the hidden meaning of Interstellar is (according to the analysis of aliens in the future).

Top Bottom