What's new

The Experience Pianos for Kontakt & Sforzando

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
More pianos!

The talented developer Dore Mark has been a regular contributor to Pianobook, and has now setup a commercial enterprise to sell his sampled pianos.

The Mason & Hamlin, Yamaha C6, Steinway B and Fazioli F-308 are his earlier sampling efforts, and a free/donation version of each can be downloaded from the Pianobook website to get an idea of how the paid versions sound & play.

His new sampled pianos are a Steingraeber 212 grand, and a Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, as well as an old Fortepiano from 1808.

Nice playing! May I ask how are the pedalling and playability compared with Garritan CFX?
Thanks. Pedaling and playability is very good, but not at the levels of refinement like the Garritan CFX. The various mic perspectives offer a range of tonal and stereo image options, and are well implemented. It has a solid hammer attack presence I really enjoy, with a slightly worn/imperfect quality without being problematic in general playing.

I've listened to some of the recordings on his website, and honestly, they have a very lively/lovely sound. @CGR Is there a current piano you would compare their playability to? It definitely feels like the sound is there either way.

Thank you for the alert, I've enjoyed the free versions for a long time! On the libraries that have a Pianobook version, how different/"better" would you say the paid versions are? That NY Steinway B is one of the pianos I reach for most often, and all the free offerings seem plenty great to me already.

Isn't this the Pianteq scam again?

What do you mean?
See here (but read to the end):

And the piano comparison thread starting here:

Definitely not.

Dore is totally legit and has been sampling pianos for years. He's quite well known within the community, and has a number of popular instruments on the Pianobook website.
Echoing this. "Sofia" popped up out of nowhere. Dore has been around for a good while and is very well regarded. He's also extremely candid about his approach.

Yes, the developer Dore Mark is a talented and passionate guy (I think his background is in I.T) and has a thorough and methodical approach to sampling pianos.

I've listened to some of the recordings on his website, and honestly, they have a very lively/lovely sound. @CGR Is there a current piano you would compare their playability to? It definitely feels like the sound is there either way.
I can only speak about the Steinway B, but I’d compare it playability-wise to the ArtVista VGP3 or Supergrand (with a slight edge to ArtVista pianos, which are a little more “crisp” to play and have a more “wiry” tone - The Experience Steinway B is more “relaxed” and warm) or the UA Ravel Steinway B.

Top Bottom