What's new

The Best Spitfire Originals Piano

Which is the best or your personal favorite Spitfire Originals Piano?

• Jangle Box Piano

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Mrs. Mills Piano

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Firewood Piano

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Cinematic Soft Piano

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Felt Piano

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • Paul's Yamaha from the Media Toolkit

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Double Felt and Taped Pianos from The Pool Project

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Intimate Grand quickly became one of my favourites! The 3 dynamics aren’t really restricting for the usage, although sometimes I think I’d trade the top dynamic for an even quieter bottom dynamic. Doesn’t stop me from enjoying it though, beautiful tone and recordings.

Late to the party, I know, but was just looking for opinions on the different Spitfire pianos online and ended up here, so I thought I might as well share my opinion :)

I have Cinematics Soft Piano, Felt Piano, Mrs. Mills, Firewood Piano, and Intimate Grand Piano from Spitfire, and there's something to be found in each one of them. I won't use any of them if I want to "play piano" or I really need a dynamic or realistic performance (for that I've got the amazing and yet still affordable Hammersmith Pro), but all of them are beautiful in their own way and find their way into my music. You just shouldn't expect them to be solo instruments for a classical piece or anything, they are there to do their job: sit right there in a mix with other orchestral/cinematic instruments.

Call me crazy (I know this is going to sound silly) but Firewood piano is probably my favorite, just because it's such a wild and unpredictable beast (dynamically), that it will affect your music, and I mean it in a positive, creative way. Suddenly you hit a note slightly harder than the rest in a passage, and bum! There's this beautiful grace note. It has some guts and it's a very "intense and temperamental" piano.

I also love the felt piano, it really sits pretty well into most cinematic/symphonic pieces.

And of course the Intimate Grand is just SO beautiful when you need to go for that soft, dramatic sound.

When I bought my first Spitfire piano (that was the Felt Piano I think) I was disappointed at first, waiting for... you know, the feel or dynamics of a real piano, but they grow on you and are great resources for your instrument repertoire. All of them have their strenghts and can add a lot to your music IMHO, and they are really good value for the money.

. . . Call me crazy (I know this is going to sound silly) but Firewood piano is probably my favorite . . . It has some guts and it's a very "intense and temperamental" piano . . .
Great description! I was reviewing some of my tracks last week and a piano sound in a mix really caught my ear in a good way. Checked the project and it was the Firewood Upright.

Call me crazy (I know this is going to sound silly) but Firewood piano is probably my favorite, just because it's such a wild and unpredictable beast (dynamically), that it will affect your music, and I mean it in a positive, creative way. Suddenly you hit a note slightly harder than the rest in a passage, and bum! There's this beautiful grace note. It has some guts and it's a very "intense and temperamental" piano.
Exactly!!! Firewood piano is also my favorite, follow by Jangle box piano.

Top Bottom