What's new

The Atomic Age- mvmt 3 of my Cantata (Dorico, NP Synchron Winds, Brass, custom choir)

dcoscina

Working a little bit on this scherzo movement because I got some ideas I wanted to get down. I wanted some chaotic moments balancing lyrical by syncopated sung text. I just used Met Ark 1 choir and I programmed my own expression map in Dorico. it just gives me an idea of how the choir will sound when singing in this manner. Synchron Brass sounds pretty good in this. Via NotePerformer NPPE. Winds also Synchron. Percussion is NotePerformer fare.

Edit- mastered in LPX

Last edited:
I re uploaded this after mastering in LPX this morning. It's only the first minute of a 5 minute movement mind you.

I did a Gulfoss/Berlin Studio mix just for fun

Attachments

• Atomic Age Remix (Berlin Studio).mp3
    3.3 MB
Interesting. I think it brings some clarity in the sense that everything is in a room and has space to be heard if that makes sense. I think I like this mix a little better for that reason. (I do the same thing with MIR Pro).
Yup totally agree. I find that Synchron brass doesn’t have a lot of low end in the tuba so I wanted to boost those frequencies as it would be more present in a real performance (this work will be premier in May 2025 in Germany).

Last edited:
Working a little bit on this scherzo movement because I got some ideas I wanted to get down. I wanted some chaotic moments balancing lyrical by syncopated sung text. I just used Met Ark 1 choir and I programmed my own expression map in Dorico. it just gives me an idea of how the choir will sound when singing in this manner. Synchron Brass sounds pretty good in this. Via NotePerformer NPPE. Winds also Synchron. Percussion is NotePerformer fare.

Edit- mastered in LPX
I quite enjoyed this. The various bits you’ve presented suggests it will be a very effective piece. Most interested to hear how the performance goes!

Top Bottom