What's new

Tell an enemy: Karoryfer Samples sale until May 11th

DSmolken

Three Tagelharpas, Ghana Drums, Nanfo, Torgbe, Hadziha, Hadzi-Fia, Hadzi-Hevi, Hster, Secret Agent Bass, Secret Agent Guitar and Snowkiss Guitar are $19 each ($39 regular)
Baconwulf, Surfkiss, Beefowulf Bass, Glockenskull Guitar are $9 each ($19 regular)
Gobilinity and Orcophony are $69 each ($99 regular)
Vengeful strings are $39 individually ($59 regular), $129 as all four in a bundle ($189 regular)
Ghana bundle is $89 ($169 regular)

Next sale will be Oct/Nov, as usual. And as usual Turkish Rebab is stubbornly sticking to its full price of $9.

Amazing. Vengeful bass sounds so different and ethnic. Listening to the demo I almost thought it was a tuned percussion. Interestingly, I went to watch the video where Drogomir introduces the bass techniques in this library, and I learned that somehow these percussive sounds are meant to sound like that! Really fascinating.

I bought the goblinity one like a week or so ago, it was honestly a really good purchase. The interesting for me was that despite the instruments being very specific in origin they to me were perfect replacements for other specific instruments I thought I would’ve never found around

For example the banjos sound just like the banjos/ banjo-bandurrias meant for a filipino rondalla. When I saw the walkthrough it actually jumpscared me hearing the sound since I almost thought rondalla instruments in virtual form were a lost cause.

The bowed strings too, also have the sort of strenght that rural huayno performances tend to pull off. the sort of strenght is just one any old orchestral clean violin just doesn’t do. The one thing that I did find a bit sad being ofc is that some of the ranges of some of the bowed instruments are just a slight out of the range of a violin but I still don’t mind it as much.

The rebec specifically I was after since it is used in southern chilean folk music, and while both instruments look and sound a bit different too the core of it is very much there which I enjoyed looking at.

Some of the other lutes and stringed instruments reminded me of the instruments used for chilean cueca, the chilean guitarron and chilean harp specifically. I think once I make a cueca they could well blend in without much issue and I do like that.

Given that these instruments have such similar timbres, but also within the places that I mentioned there being others which are vastly different, I would say that looking at these places for inspirations for whatever sort of fantasy themed library could come next (what would it be, Trollchestra? Elfarmonic?) would be interesting for sure. The bird call instrument does seem to me like it could be from the americas as to me it did sound a lot like the ceramic bird whistle from peru, which was also one of the instruments I was looking for generally lmao.

All in all goblinity is really cool for how one may see it beyond its goblin exterior, quite a rich heart it possesses.

Thanks! As to the future, I'm always recording more stuff but don't have big plans, it's more of just whatever I can get a hold of that I think I can use. About the only thing I can guarantee in the future is: no elves!

Thanks! As to the future, I'm always recording more stuff but don't have big plans, it's more of just whatever I can get a hold of that I think I can use. About the only thing I can guarantee in the future is: no elves!
Well that’s unfortunate, rest in peace to a hypothetical collection of harps, vocals, various psalteries and zithers, ocarinas, panflutes, bamboo and wooden flutes of sweet, breathy, and atmospheric tones, classical and solemnly quiet performed lutes and nylon guitars, the most delicate viols and arpeggiones you’d come across, and the little percussion perhaps saved for one well done frame drum and kalimba lmao

Not but seriously in all honesty I really did thought the harp comment on elves in one of those walkthrough videos was actually a hint for a future library

What’s all this talk about elves then. We need witches.

I detect a new hidden pleasure where @DSmolken just drops genius little libraries without even bothering to notify us. The man is either evil or, worse yet, considers us friends so he doesn’t bother to tell us as focused as he is on just telling an enemy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom