What's new

Task function question

roq

Hi,

I'm having notes being played on listener.
Since Kontakt signal routing is very limited (send effects can't chain multiple effects) I'm having to duplicate groups in order to achieve more elaborated effect chains significantly increasing the voices played.
For now I managed to play 9 groups per note (3 crossfading dynamic layers times 3 parallel effect chains).

Kontakt's engine is generating clicks because it's not happy to play such a big amount of groups/voices (45+ for 6 note chords) together on play_note.
So far it came to my mind delaying a few milliseconds the play_notes in 3 groups (reverb and delay "effect" send gruoups) to minimize the strain in the voice request could be a good idea and it seems to help so far.

My question is, the wait in the listener will pause the callback and mess with other things the listener are working in (arpeggiator ticks increase, etc..), so here perhaps should be a case to have a task function for the play notes. Does it make sense?

Im actually using instrument busses, since I can’t stack a series of effects in a send.
Eg. I want to have reverb with modulation (but not modulate the dry signal) so I have no choice other than creating a duplicate group to act as a reverb bus (but then I have to duplicate all the effect chain before the reverb again). That’s inefficient but it’s a way to overcome Kontak’s limited effect routing. I dont see an alternative...
How about the Task function and wait statements on listener?

Top Bottom