What's new

Talking Piano

nanotk

Hi,
this is not exactly a composition but I've made a spectral experience converting a voice to chords and make a talking piano. This chords naturally can be use as harmonic structure for a composition but I made that test as kind of "proof of concept" and I think the result is interesting.
This technique can be used to generate interesting harmonic structure as you probably know, this is the French school Spectralism now used widely in many places in the world by contemporary composer (often mixed with other techniques as well.)
Anyway, I just wanted to share this example because I've got a lot of fun to do it.

Nanotk

I would never have believed that a "percussive" instrument like the piano could speak.
Interesting experiment, and perhaps with a higher frequency of mute notes, the result would be even more intelligible.

I would never have believed that a "percussive" instrument like the piano could speak.
Interesting experiment, and perhaps with a higher frequency of mute notes, the result would be even more intelligible.
It is also possible to use 1/8 tones (microtonal) and in that case it becomes much more intelligible but a microtonal piano is not very common 😊

It is also possible to use 1/8 tones (microtonal) and in that case it becomes much more intelligible but a microtonal piano is not very common 😊
I was talking about the frequency of the number of notes played, the tone is fine as it is.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've been considering OpusModus, looks like an interesting tool but seems priced too high.

Top Bottom