What's new

SynthV Solaria is UNREAL

Just bought SynthV and got the Solaria voice because that it'll perfectly fit Epic Cinematic Vocals. Sat around today for 30 minutes to test it out and darn, I'm super impressed. I've heard a lot of demos online and sometimes you can make out it's AI generated, but it believe if you put in some time and some thought into how a real human sings and emulate that through your note and syllable selection you can make it sound very very convincing. Here's a quick example of what I could get:

View attachment 10,000 Candles in the Wind.mp3

Would love to hear your thoughts and even a few demos if you've tried this out with Synth V.
Here commith to the great pantagius theater.

Haydan and Solaria...... in their first onstage performance!

This presentation was brought to you by SAM The Audiocrat! Composer features Goofy and his mothers Dady song for his wife! I just bought this yesterday so no master piece but I am blown away

THANK YOU ! For your post. Hayden is singing the harmony under.
Amazing how they fit together. I will post more . I have a song that needs vocals for a pilot on Disney not out that I will put her and him to lyrics. Then post in a week.

Kind Regards
B

Attachments

• Mothers Day 2024 mx.mp3
    906.5 KB
Last edited:
I've not used Solaria for any English song yet. Here's my first time using Solaria and SynthV for Mandarin song. I didn't do any special editing or programming. Just used "Han Yu Pin Yin" for the words and it works as default which i felt it's quite good already. I'm amazed with the technology and hopefully they'll be able to release SATB Choir and Soprano Solo Singer in the future.

I've not used Solaria for any English song yet. Here's my first time using Solaria and SynthV for Mandarin song. I didn't do any special editing or programming. Just used "Han Yu Pin Yin" for the words and it works as default which i felt it's quite good already. I'm amazed with the technology and hopefully they'll be able to release SATB Choir and Soprano Solo Singer in the future.

Cool tech. I love it! How do you stretch a vowel over two notes?

Let's hope it's sooner rather than five or ten years from now...
Yea i really want a opera sop and tenor. I am trying to find software that people are using to make these voices. Then have a go. If anyone knows what software they use to design voice let me know! I want SATB really bad. This synth v would blow people out of the water with a Bach style choral.

Yea i really want a opera sop and tenor. I am trying to find software that people are using to make these voices. Then have a go. If anyone knows what software they use to design voice let me know! I want SATB really bad. This synth v would blow people out of the water with a Bach style choral.
Actually, for SATB I don't mind if they only record small sized choir singers but with technology which is able to size the choir from chamber to symphonic with smart transposition like trick which can still sound realistic

I think to get the best out of Synth V, using the best models like Solaria and Saros will definitely help, but going into the pitch tuning and editing it is very important. It can be quite time consuming, but that will get you the most realistic results. Also making using of breaths, glottal stops, etc... changing parameters where needed..

It's a bit rambly, but I did a video that included this recently.

Thank you so much! We need to find where you purchase or download the voice developer app. I will program up some classical sop opera and tenor voices. Maybe a good alto.
My wife thinks doing a boy voice then you could add 4 tracks to make boys choir.
But i need to find the Synthesizer V voice developer package that runs on mac. This is the direction our industry is going. So i embrace the tech. And see it as a new fresh vital tool in my music composition.
Thanks everyone for contributing.

I think to get the best out of Synth V, using the best models like Solaria and Saros will definitely help, but going into the pitch tuning and editing it is very important. It can be quite time consuming, but that will get you the most realistic results. Also making using of breaths, glottal stops, etc... changing parameters where needed..
I am buying up voices. I just bought Eleanor Forte! Reminds me of a young dolly!

I don't know why but it gets addicting. I've dropped at least a grand so far. I think I have 24.
The greek looking guy i use for bass (armigetton ha)
Ritchy, I use as my pop guy, Solaris main alto/sop pop chick.( sp i know its late and i had a cognac)
Hayden for alto/tenor Eleanor as backup or third down off Solaris. Eleanor is not for sake on Synth V site. Some funky Japanese site.

I am trying to find developer pack so i can make my own SATB opera people. And a kids or Boy singer that you can add duplicate tracks and offset to make boys choir.
Its like a drug.! I use the ones i have, then need a new one because style is off for track i am using.

Its so fun! I can program so i need to find developer software package and buy it or download. And get Synthesizer V to load Vst’s in my daw.,it says it does but did not install anywhere! I did allot of stuff in vocoloid? Years back.

Last edited:
Its so fun! I can program so i need to find developer software package and buy it or download. And get Synthesizer V to load Vst’s in my daw.,it says it does but did not install anywhere!
Not sure what DAW you're using but I'm using studio one. It shows up under "Instruments", not "Effects" (Because technically it's an instrument, not an effect).

So you might be looking in the wrong place? Did you check where your DAW keeps your instruments like Kontakt? It shows up as the "Synthesizer V Studio Plugin" in the "Dreamtonics Co. Ltd." Folder.

Some of the Japanese ones are probably good for a young girl's voice. Not sure about young boy though. But the English can be fiddly depending on the singer and how "Japanese" they are. Some really have broken English and some are passable in English.

Looking at my list, in order listed in Synth V, I have -

Frimomen, Hanakuma Chifuyu, Haruno Sora, Kasane Teto, Koharu Rikka, Natsuki Karin, Tsuina Chan, Tsurumaki Maki, Rose, Ayame, Cong Zheng, Eri, Feng Yi, Hayden, Kevin, Mai, Natalie, Qing Su, Sheena, Weinam, Saros, Solaria, and Gumi (Megpoid).

I also have Asterian installed but it's the lite version. I've demoed him a million times and honestly I can't get him to work anywhere. It's a great voice, but it's just way too strong of a character. I can't get him to blend at all in the low register. No matter how low I mix him, he still pops out. He'd be good as a lead voice but I don't really do that soul / R&B Barry White black style of music at all so he's not really a voice I'd use as a lead. I tried him in other songs but his voice is just too well suited for that R&B style that he just always sounds out of place for me in anything but that. Frimomen ended up being more useful for me as a bass voice because even though he has character, it's not as strong as Asterian though so it blends better and doesn't poke out.

I really wish I could get my hands on Minus and Stardust but they're just too much of a PITA and expensive if you're outside China.

I do work on pop music in multiple languages though so that's why I went for all the voices. I use them to quickly help me demo songs for actual singers. Aside from English I work often in Chinese, and I can get by in Japanese (I spent the 90s in Tokyo developing Jpop singers for Sony records) and to this day I still work with both Chinese and Japanese pop singers here in NYC, in addition to English, so being able to have voices in English, Chinese, and Japanese benefit me so that's the reason for the buying spree.

But honestly you never know what's going to work. I'm writing something now for a singer and Natalie is amazing for what I needed. Easily beat out Solaria and Weina, two of what I consider the strongest. So it pays to constantly play with each singer in different roles and not fall into patterns with the voices.

Great job! You actually made the beatles listenable!*

*I really dislike the beatles lol
Its a great job. I struggle with synth v on my mac, the graphics are all jacked up! Its like 3 sec’s behind. I try to draw pitch and it does nothing… then 5 sec’s later appears and all ever the place. I got a good graphics card. Maybe a setting? Big lag! But i love program. I play in melody quantized in DAW both attacks and releases, them export as midi. Then import into synth z. Then bam! Its their. I am learning linguistics. Like hallelujah = Howl- ley- lue- Ya .

My vst is not even installed anywhere!
Not on my mac, in cue-base, DP, Studio One, logic etc. its not on my system. Not in library, application support/audio/ plugins. It crashes logic. And my logic runs so i know its not installed. There installer did not prompt me for permissions durning install. Guess program hates Mac OS 10.25.7 Catalina? I was going to reinstall but afraid my activation key will not work. There is a write of on Synth V’s forum of synth V not installing VST’s until voice’s installed.
Guy got his to work reinstalling.

I am wondering if the Open GL settings must be off in settings to fix graphic editing in program?

Anyhow you piece is awesome! Your the master of AI vocals. I wrote two hymn’s but struggling with bending up , down, airy breaths, as my graphics dont work correctly. You click pencil and try to draw and nothing happens. Then 5?l sec later craziness appears! So i just let it do its thing and cuss and spend lots if time trying to get it to speak proper english by using youbonics ! Ha

Its a great job. I struggle with synth v on my mac, the graphics are all jacked up! Its like 3 sec’s behind. I try to draw pitch and it does nothing… then 5 sec’s later appears and all ever the place. I got a good graphics card. Maybe a setting? Big lag! But i love program. I play in melody quantized in DAW both attacks and releases, them export as midi. Then import into synth z. Then bam! Its their. I am learning linguistics. Like hallelujah = Howl- ley- lue- Ya .
I'm not using a mac, I'm using a PC but there's a lot of settings in there to fiddle with how it works. You might try adjusting them to get better performance.

In the top menu (file, edit, etc.) click on "Misc" and you'll see a function called "Neural Networks Performance Tuner". Click on that - it runs a bunch of benchmarks on your computer and adjusts some stuff to work better.

I'm not using a mac, I'm using a PC but there's a lot of settings in there to fiddle with how it works. You might try adjusting them to get better performance.

In the top menu (file, edit, etc.) click on "Misc" and you'll see a function called "Neural Networks Performance Tuner". Click on that - it runs a bunch of benchmarks on your computer and adjusts some stuff to work better.
Awesome! I will give it a shot.
Thank you sooo much! In August i am going to buy a new Mac Pro loaded if it comes out with M4 ultra and 38 cores, 72 gpu, 26 neural cores? Then it should run all my stuff again.
I have been cussing at my older Mac Pro 5.1 2012. I own 3 of them loaded with Mojave and two with Catalina. One is a slave vst playback over ethernet so i can run Vienna server and have allot of tracks and library's at a touch of a button. Works like a charm.

The vst thing not installing with Synthesizer Z must be a glitch. I will reinstall synth v and see if it installs vst’s this time. Not sure what vst does but if it runs inside daw i can really go to town. As i can play melody's right in, then bounce and import voice tracks back in daw.

Last edited:
Not sure what DAW you're using but I'm using studio one. It shows up under "Instruments", not "Effects" (Because technically it's an instrument, not an effect).

So you might be looking in the wrong place? Did you check where your DAW keeps your instruments like Kontakt? It shows up as the "Synthesizer V Studio Plugin" in the "Dreamtonics Co. Ltd." Folder.

Some of the Japanese ones are probably good for a young girl's voice. Not sure about young boy though. But the English can be fiddly depending on the singer and how "Japanese" they are. Some really have broken English and some are passable in English.

Looking at my list, in order listed in Synth V, I have -

Frimomen, Hanakuma Chifuyu, Haruno Sora, Kasane Teto, Koharu Rikka, Natsuki Karin, Tsuina Chan, Tsurumaki Maki, Rose, Ayame, Cong Zheng, Eri, Feng Yi, Hayden, Kevin, Mai, Natalie, Qing Su, Sheena, Weinam, Saros, Solaria, and Gumi (Megpoid).

I also have Asterian installed but it's the lite version. I've demoed him a million times and honestly I can't get him to work anywhere. It's a great voice, but it's just way too strong of a character. I can't get him to blend at all in the low register. No matter how low I mix him, he still pops out. He'd be good as a lead voice but I don't really do that soul / R&B Barry White black style of music at all so he's not really a voice I'd use as a lead. I tried him in other songs but his voice is just too well suited for that R&B style that he just always sounds out of place for me in anything but that. Frimomen ended up being more useful for me as a bass voice because even though he has character, it's not as strong as Asterian though so it blends better and doesn't poke out.

I really wish I could get my hands on Minus and Stardust but they're just too much of a PITA and expensive if you're outside China.

I do work on pop music in multiple languages though so that's why I went for all the voices. I use them to quickly help me demo songs for actual singers. Aside from English I work often in Chinese, and I can get by in Japanese (I spent the 90s in Tokyo developing Jpop singers for Sony records) and to this day I still work with both Chinese and Japanese pop singers here in NYC, in addition to English, so being able to have voices in English, Chinese, and Japanese benefit me so that's the reason for the buying spree.

But honestly you never know what's going to work. I'm writing something now for a singer and Natalie is amazing for what I needed. Easily beat out Solaria and Weina, two of what I consider the strongest. So it pays to constantly play with each singer in different roles and not fall into patterns with the voices.
Its like i am a kid with a new “Big Wheel” the voices have unique personality's. Thus you buy them to fit your vibe of your song.

“Asterian” works for bass parts! He comes into play below middle C. He can go up a octave above middle C but sounds like someone kicked him in the groin. Think as him as a pedal town in brass! You get his vibe. He shines below middle C and a C below middle C you are in his registry. Think of him as the bear voice in original jungle book. Then he will work. He works great with closed voicing. Like having a Double Upright bass player at the gig. He owns the bottom end.

I really want that english solo boy sound. I use Vienna Boys, Voxos but need a solo. Gothic type. My current gig would sound so good with it. It has a spiritual scene in it with clouds as kids reflecting on his catholic alter boy days.

Top Bottom