What's new

Synthesizers DotCom Announcement

I looked, but there's no "Add To Cart" button to purchase the entire company....

Seriously though, it's a bummer. I always thought their systems and modules were very inexpensive for what they were. I mean, you could get a JunkieXL-sized, triple cabinet, overhanging rig for like $11k. Compared to $35k for half as many modules from the Moog re-issue series. I know the Moog stuff was all O.G. through-hole and not SMT, but still....

As modular took off, they probably could have charged more for their stuff, and they were in the game before EuroRack blew up. They had already established a reasonable price point, so I guess it would have been hard to jack up prices as time went on.

Yeah, I don't know enough about their financial situation to say exactly what might've improved their business model, but I do agree their prices were relatively attractive. Additionally, a lot of their ++ modules were really economical and brought a lot of value for the space they took up.

I also really like their Box 11 skiffs. They're a lot lighter than the full walnut cases and come with two multiples to boot.

I literally just finished building out my tower, with the final modules and cases shipping only last month. Seems like my timing was just under the wire.

1656607208015.png
I hope someone sees value in their business and is able to take up the mantle and keep it going.

Looks like there's some news incoming, this was posted on their socials!

When asked if there was "good news," they responded "Yep."

1661891672353.png

Looks like something happened! No word yet on how their financials were resolved, but they're opening back up with Pre-Orders at "current prices" which suggests they're going to scale their price-points when their pre-order period ends:

1663184047982.png

Top Bottom