What's new

Synchron Player Presets and Studio One Sound Variations Keyswitch Files

DaddyO

I primarily work in Studio One with Synchron Player-based VSL libraries hosted in VE Pro.

As we know, instrument tracks that are loaded with the Synchron Player directly (i.e., without VE Pro) auto-populate that instruments' Sound Variations. But those hosted indirectly in VE Pro do not auto-populate.

So in my template I have a single instrument track that is directly loaded with the Synchron Player. One at a time I load up each instrument in that SP track and save it's preset to a Studio One keyswitch file. This keyswitch file can then be dragged into a track for the same instrument hosted in VE Pro. Problem solv-ed.

As we also know, VSL Synchron Player presets come in several variations, including VelXF, VelXF sus, etc.

I do not know if my question is best directed to Studio One or VSL, but are the auto-populated Sound Variations keyswitch files identical in all respects for each preset? Will a "Synchron Flute 1 VelXF" keyswitch file be the same as a "Synchron Flute 1 VelXF sus" keyswitch file? I suspect they would be identical, but I want to be sure.

Edited to add:

This post was also made in both the Studio One and VSL forums.

Last edited:
Yes, I think so. The difference between those presets is the way you control them, not the number of articulations.

I appreciate you chiming in, stigc56. What you say squares with my thoughts too, and for the same reasons.

For me, the operative words are "in all respects." I'm hoping that someone who knows for sure can confirm.

Received this official reply from a VSL team member.

Hello DaddyO

The Keyswitch files will be identical in almost all cases, however there are some exceptions e.g.:
Duality Strings VelXF+VelCtrl or all "Prime compatible" presets

Best regards from Vienna

Gabriel

Top Bottom