What's new

SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds - NEW: Free Expansion 2

Can't quite place it, but there seems to be a distinct difference in tone between the RAW VI Flute 1 and Alto Flute (only ones I checked), and the Synchronized DRY signal with no convolution...so they should be the same. Is there something in the GUI that makes the VI sound much fuller in tone? This was precisely what I was fearing would happen...any time samples are re-worked, there is some loss. We do gain in playability, because the Synchron Player is great, but whatever was done to the tone, I think brought it a step back unless it's a setting, or I'm hearing things...LOL.
The only other VI wind I have is the Bb Clarinet...didn't check that one but suspect it's going to have the same issue.

Can't quite place it, but there seems to be a distinct difference in tone between the RAW VI Flute 1 and Alto Flute (only ones I checked), and the Synchronized DRY signal with no convolution...so they should be the same. Is there something in the GUI that makes the VI sound much fuller in tone? This was precisely what I was fearing would happen...any time samples are re-worked, there is some loss. We do gain in playability, because the Synchron Player is great, but whatever was done to the tone, I think brought it a step back unless it's a setting, or I'm hearing things...LOL.
The only other VI wind I have is the Bb Clarinet...didn't check that one but suspect it's going to have the same issue.
It's exactly the same tone compared to the VI (same settings and volume matched).

It's exactly the same tone compared to the VI (same settings and volume matched).
Well volume is worlds apart. VI is about 5-6 dBs louder. But after I adjusted the volumes. I dragged over sustain with vibrato to the center of the VI player. Then loaded the same patch on Synchron player and removed all processing. With headphones they sound different to me.

Well volume is worlds apart. VI is about 5-6 dBs louder. But after I adjusted the volumes. I dragged over sustain with vibrato to the center of the VI player. Then loaded the same patch on Synchron player and removed all processing. With headphones they sound different to me.
Try loading the MIR unprocessed mixer preset.

Top Bottom