What's new

SYNCHRON-ized Saxophones

I'm surprised it sounds so good! I'll see if I succumb or not haha. Is the library playable or does it require a lot of programming?

These?
If you have the DI samples of the electric guitar btw, it will be really awesome as an update! (I don't like the sound, I would like to use an external amp)

I haven't had a chance to check on what hasn't been SYNCHRON-ized yet, but I didn't expect the saxes to make the cut as they haven't gotten as much press over the years as other VSL stuff even though they were probably the first significant sax lib on the market.

I haven't used them for anything serious yet, as I only got them installed last night, but I did do some quick playing around, and found them more pleasing in timbre than the originals, whether due to the Synchron space or whatever editing they did. I look forward to trying them out on project work -- especially the voicings I don't own in real life, such as baritone and bass.

I'm strongest on soprano, then alto, so I sometimes "cheat" on tenor and use libraries there as well.

Last edited:
Boy I shouldn’t have listened to that promo. 😂 These sound absolutely amazing! Saxes weren’t on my radar. I don’t need no stinkin’ sax! But then I heard them and holy smokes.

Sax is and has always been one of the extrem fake-sounding, red alert this is a Casio instruments but these sound wonderful.

Nice job VSL! This might (oh who am I kidding) WILL be my first VSL library purchase. :)

Ok going back and reading. So this is an older library? Where have I been. How did I miss this?!

Parallel Mode ideas for Saxophones:

-Mix : Staccato + Long notes
-Mix : Staccato + Dynamics
-Mix : Staccato + Trills

-XFade : Portamento to Dirty
-XFade : Glissando up to Dirty
-XFade : Long notes to Dirty
-XFade : Dirty to Long notes
-XFade : Sforzato to Dirty
-XFade : Sforzatissimo to Dirty
-XFade : Crescendo to Dirty

Last edited:
Boy I shouldn’t have listened to that promo. 😂 These sound absolutely amazing! Saxes weren’t on my radar. I don’t need no stinkin’ sax! But then I heard them and holy smokes.

Sax is and has always been one of the extrem fake-sounding, red alert this is a Casio instruments but these sound wonderful.

Nice job VSL! This might (oh who am I kidding) WILL be my first VSL library purchase. :)

Ok going back and reading. So this is an older library? Where have I been. How did I miss this?!
I didn't think I'd ever buy a sax library until I bought this - it's really fantastic!

I finally got to use these in a project (I've been busy with a money pit house, and my day job plus a gazillion gigs and recording sessions), and am blown away!

The tenor sax is magnificent, prefect timbre, and musical phrasing plus realistic articulations.

I needed to quickly whip up a mock-up of a jazz chart I wrote for an original that my quintet will record in the studio soon. When I'm doing rapid adjustments to arrangements and voicings, I do NOT want to constantly record my own playing or to burden my main sax player for the project.

The interesting thing is that I easily coaxed a good jazz take out of this library, but had to abandon (in the interest of time) the Synchron Trumpets in place of my old standby for jazz targets, which is a hybrid sampling/modeling library. With enough time, I suspect I'll have a 100% VSL jazz template though. Especially if the Flugelhorn makes its way to Synchron (even as a SYNCHRON-ized older lib).

Given that tenor sax is usually the hardest to get to a palatable state in a sample library, I have every reason to suspect I will have equally good luck when I re-track some alto and soprano parts soon.

At this point, I'm not even doing articulation maps, which absolutely floored me that I could get reasonable early results before making that extra effort.

Top Bottom