What's new

Synapse Audio x Hans Zimmer (soon?)

Still no demo... the pain...
Thought they weren't going to allow us to demo but no:

"Should be any day now
:)
We had a lot of emails to answer since launch, so excuse the small delay.

Richard
Synapse Audio"

Call me a blind fanboy or whatever but why are people so concerned about a demo? The words “Hans Zimmer” and “Synapse Audio” together should be an automatic indicator that you need to buy it!!!

Call me a blind fanboy or whatever but why are people so concerned about a demo? The words “Hans Zimmer” and “Synapse Audio” together should be an automatic indicator that you need to buy it!!!
Not everyone is an HZ fan (myself included) and may want to try out the new features for themselves.

Personally, I never buy anything I can't demo, as there is no guarantee I will like it, or that it will work on my system.

Indeed: If you like the preset walkthrough , then thats it: you get what you hear, no less... And after a few days I must say: one of the best synths I have (and I have about 70)
I'm primarily interested in playing it on my Seaboard.

Do most of the presets already have Y axis/Slide/MPE Timbre and Pressure/Aftertouch already mapped or do we have to do it manually for most/all of them?

And of course I also want to hear how it sounds in the context of my own mixes. And how it compares with other Minimoog emulations, etc.

Not everyone is an HZ fan (myself included) and may want to try out the new features for themselves.

Personally, I never buy anything I can't demo, as there is no guarantee I will like it, or that it will work on my system.
Well hello there Me.
I have no memory of making this post, I need to tighten my cuffs when comes sleepy time.

Some users can bring out/discover aspects of programs that others probably won't; demos are good things.

I’m semi confident I’d buy just because the original (which I demoed) does sound great and these new features look irresistable - 4 MSEG! plus I really like Dune which actually makes me question if I really need both.

However I’m not wealthy enough to spend 150usd without a quick demo and few of the examples have truly grabbed me tbh. I’m also personally not fussed about mr Zimmers affiliation so will hold off.

fun fact: i didn't buy TLHZ because it's a collaboration with the great hans zimmer (who i adore), i bought it to finally own a synth for which kevin schroeder created the presets. for me it's a TLKS :)
Absolutely agree. I have some of Kevin's presets for the Iridium and it's the main reason I'm very interested.

It's like getting a Moog One for $10,000 less and having more features and better presets.

KS and HZ are really being quite generous especially if you own the original. $80 is a steal.
Is it REALLY though, I'm still not convinced these oscillators stand up to the Moog One but maybe I'm wrong. Some folks dont enjoy those oscillators but they sound great to me, as someone that's owned various moogs. I am very excited to try this one either way.

One of the parties that was involved with the development of this synth, his name is Hans Zimmer. He's a film composer.
Yes, I know it's a collab between Synapse and Hans. His initials are in this synth's name itself. Kevin created the presets and has his initials KS on them, but why HZ on every single preset?

Is it the same DSP as The Legend or has this been improved ?
This.

I sold The Legend because it was merely ok sounding (but better than Obsession turned out to be), quickly replacing it with Model 72.

If this sounds like a poly Model 72 (not Legend) then I’d maybe consider it down the road. The modulation stuff is less my thing so it has to be the sound.

because no one here has shown examples that they created with TLHZ ...here is a very small excerpt from my attempt to recreate part of the teaser. unfortunately i don't have the skill of kevin schroeder, but all you hear is pure TLHZ:

Attachments

• TLHZ test 1.mp3
    1,014.3 KB
Last edited:
Top Bottom